Samsung making IEDs? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Samsung making IEDs?

I like it.
"my phone exploded" , then he shows a photo of himself showing an obviously overheated phone , but FULLY INTACT. No explosion. I should have lost my eyes, he says . Ok why? because the phone in your pocket was getting warm? Yes your hands got burnt. Third degree? If he says so....

Guess another headline saying samsung phone batteries still overheating wouldn't have the same effect. Or help his lawsuit that's being prepared.

Any device with a LiPo battery can suffer these sorts of failures, particularly if the battery is damaged. Dropping the phone, bending, or even just leaving it in the sun on your dash can start the chemical reaction that leads to these sorts of things.

And yeah, this does seem like it could be an overreaction on this guys behalf. LiPo battery failures are indeed fairly violent, but the phone in his photo doesn't show any signs of having "exploded" unless the back is blown off or something that we can't see.

The battery likely did explode, and I'm sure there was lots of heat and lots of smoke...but "explosion", well, the phone itself would show evidence of such. In other words, the battery did likely explode, but the phone contained it...

Here'a a LiPo battery exploding. Keep in mind this is the size of battery that's common in the field of Remote Control aircraft and the battery is MANY times the size of what's in a mobile phone.

[video=youtube;EseOhC8n7ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseOhC8n7ro[/video]

Now, all that said, between the Note7 recall and now the washing machines...it does seem like Samsung has some design and quality control issues.

Regardless, what I love about Samsung, is seeing innovative new features being introduced on todays new models (like wireless charging, edge screens, and on and on and on), that we'll see on iPhones a few years later....

Oh look, the resident Samsung apologist / iPhone hater has arrived.

Happy with my older iPhone, and I don't need to upgrade every couple of years. Do the Google phones have the same exploding issue? I convinced my kid to get one instead of a Samsung when he lost his Neo; Samsung appeared to have lots of bloatware on their phones.

Happy with my older iPhone, and I don't need to upgrade every couple of years. Do the Google phones have the same exploding issue? I convinced my kid to get one instead of a Samsung when he lost his Neo; Samsung appeared to have lots of bloatware on their phones.

Google phones are good...it's basic Android (usually no bloat)
You can take a Samsung and install a better custom ROM, takes the best of all the Android features and puts into one OS.
You can also just install the GPE Google Play Edition (stock Google Android)

Samsung is seeing the same effects that other manufacturers have seen. When you push to increase market share, quality takes a hit.

... and I heard yesterday that Samsung is getting into electric cars.
They should get in the Defense industry. They can make things explode without trying

They should get in the Defense industry. They can make things explode without trying

The "exploding" comments are never going to go away, and hey....still funny. ;)

Whats most fun about it is watching all the childish Samsung fanboys (who have spent years trolling every single iPhone related discussion online with their "iSheep" type comments) now whining about how every single Samsung discussion is almost immediately flooded with "will it explode?" type comments.

Karma can be hilarious sometimes.

Oh look, the resident Samsung apologist / iPhone hater has arrived.

You are just trolling him...Ok look resident troll has arrived.

I'm in market for new phone, ironically CG and I just had convo this week on which is best (I will defer to her). IPhone is not supported by my work so it was a Nexus (Google) that she recommended.

Thanks CG!

Ok look resident troll has arrived.

Nope, Inreb hasn't arrived yet.

I'm in market for new phone, ironically CG and I just had convo this week on which is best (I will defer to her). IPhone is not supported by my work so it was a Nexus (Google) that she recommended.

Nothing wrong with the Google offerings. Don't mistake my comments for anti-Android.

On another note, I was pretty sure you claimed to have put me on your blocklist back in the spring?

The "exploding" comments are never going to go away, and hey....still funny. ;)

Whats most fun about it is watching all the childish Samsung fanboys (who have spent years trolling every single iPhone related discussion online with their "iSheep" type comments) now whining about how every single Samsung discussion is almost immediately flooded with "will it explode?" type comments.

Karma can be hilarious sometimes.
Don't be too fast to judge
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.teleg...d-degree-burns/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

The guy fell and damaged the phone and battery, which was the trigger. Check out my very first paragraph of my first post above, post #4. ;)

No phone that uses a lithium polymer battery (which is basically all of them today) is immune from this...however there is a big difference between exploding after a significant damage event vs exploding just because it was plugged in to charge.

In other words, a lithium polymer battery shouldn't explode for no apparent reason.

How many cars are on the road?
How many smarthphones are out there, specifically Samsung smartphones?

How many ppl hurt by defective cars?
How many killed by defective cars?

How many hurt by defective phones?
How many killed?

Someone can fill in the blanks for perspective.

Back
Top Bottom