Where to get cheap synthetic oil in the GTA? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get cheap synthetic oil in the GTA?

VOS (bastard) did my first service with Motul 7100 4L and did not give me the leftover... ugh... I guess I need to stick with Motul 7100 10W40. I was hoping to find somewhere in the GTA selling it for less than $50. I know of a hookup that sells it for $50 (plus tax maybe) but I think that offer is long gone :( . I bought it for $59 plus tax at Pro6 with 10% discount for being their reg.

I could call Glen @Flying Squirrels to check on prices but his prices are almost the same as Pro6.

Will picking it up in the States be a good idea? I was thinking of going to the Cheesecake Factory nom nom... and might as well getting the oil.

Thanks for the info guys :)

I searched amazon online and couldn't find cheaper prices for the Motul 7100 10w-40. There is a place in Markham that sells it for $49.99 for 4L. There is also a place out west that sells for the same price, I forget the name of the shop at the moment. So it can still be purchased for that price. GP Bikes wants $59.99 for the same.

Is all this calling and running around looking for a deal worth ten bux savings? Just buy the damn oil lol.

Well the $10 can go towards gasoline or the filter cost. Or it can buy me lunch also. The place is close to me, so why not? I'm not making a special drive to that location only. I bundle it with other errands in the same area. :)

Maybe a stupid question, but why do you need to stick with the Motul? Shouldn't be any issues switching brands or grades. Just buy something cheaper (cough...Rotella...cough).

You don't need to stick to the same oil. I've changed from dino oil to synthetic in the car. People change engine oil brands all the time, especially with cars. They just buy whatever is on sale at the time. But me personally, I just like to stick with one brand & product and not switch all the time or constantly mix them together.

If you're looking to save money, have space, and don't mind the minor hassle of decanting buy in bulk. Rotella pails are 18.9L and when on sale are about 25% less per liter than the 5l container sale price.

Will picking it up in the States be a good idea?

Check out total cost including product, sales tax and exchange. Last time I checked (all in round numbers) Rotella dino at Walmart in Buffalo was $13/Gal which equals $5.14 CAN per liter. CT cost for 18.9L is $4.06 CAN. WM cost for 18.9 pail per liter was $4.12CAN so the local CT all in cost was actually cheaper than the US cost. The low CAN dollar to US buck is killing cross border savings.

If anyone in the Durham region is looking for full synthetic oil, I can get Amsoil products at lower than retail. Send me a pm on here, but usually only online during the week.

+1 for Steve...known him for years and he is a stand-up guy. Just bought enough to do 3 changes on the car (oil and filter), and will probably switch the bike over end of next year. Just wish Amsoil made 1L bottles instead of 1 quart (946mL) bottles, since the bike takes 2.9-3L :p lol

At one time Canadian Tire had their own house brand of motorcycle oil.
I don't know if this is still the case.
However, I was informed that this was Castrol oil.
At the time it was slightly cheaper than buying the brand name.
Note: I was told this over a decade ago, so I don't know if its still true.

Is all this calling and running around looking for a deal worth ten bux savings? Just buy the damn oil lol.

Thank you.

Just ordered Amzoil but found it odd that you have to pay to open an account. Still not a bad price all in. Not going to waste a day to save a few $$$

At one time Canadian Tire had their own house brand of motorcycle oil.
I don't know if this is still the case.
However, I was informed that this was Castrol oil.
At the time it was slightly cheaper than buying the brand name.
Note: I was told this over a decade ago, so I don't know if its still true.

Wakefield Oil (Castrol) makes most CTC oil. A lot of other brand names too.

Back
Top Bottom