Supersport, just a fantasy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supersport, just a fantasy

Ghostrider619

25 years old, riding for 2 years, Full M with course. Thought insurance would drop on a supersport but nope. Its still above $4000 for a 600cc lol. Yet got quoted about $3000 on a Ninja 1000cc SX ( Sport touring ) which has more power than a 600.

25 years old, riding for 2 years, Full M with course. Thought insurance would drop on a supersport but nope. Its still above $4000 for a 600cc lol. Yet got quoted about $3000 on a Ninja 1000cc SX ( Sport touring ) which has more power than a 600.

Yup, it's stupid. Have been hoping the industry would pick a more rational rating system but I've been hoping for over a decade now

Seems extremely off. I was quoted $3400 for 600cc supersports and im 20, have my m2 for a year and 1 year of continuous insurance. Didnt take it obviously as its still too high

Do you have tickets/ points?
Do you have your full "G"?

Quote seems a bit high. I would keep shopping around.

Call around with a few different brokers.
I went with Surnet (Paul South) this year and my premium was lowered by about 30%.
You may also find your insurance drops after another year of riding.

Yes clean record, full GM. I guess I will need to be in my 30s before I get a decent quote on a supersport. Never imagined growing old was something to look forward to lol.

I'm 28, GrandMaster license, and a RSV1000R. Insurance is $1400. Car, bike, and house are with AllState.

油井緋色;2461465 said:
I'm 28, GrandMaster license, and a RSV1000R. Insurance is $1400. Car, bike, and house are with AllState.

And that's why your insurance is $1400. Standalone is different.

Stand alone doesn't always make a huge difference.
For me personally, it was $330 more per year if I went stand alone vs bundling with car.

Honestly it depends on the company... I had a friend that was told by one company that her CBR 125 was a sport bike.... and her 500F was classified as a naked sport... so the rates they wanted were high lol

I had a friend that was told by one company that her CBR 125 was a sport bike

If you ever hear this, I'm 99% sure it's a broker/agent who doesn't know what they're doing or is too lazy to actually look anything up to generate a quote

The car is my gf's and the condo is hers too. Maybe the OP can do something similar?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JamJam
I had a friend that was told by one company that her CBR 125 was a sport bike

If you ever hear this, I'm 99% sure it's a broker/agent who doesn't know what they're doing or is too lazy to actually look anything up to generate a quote

Or just doesn't want to insure motorcycles, one think you have to understand motorcycle insurance is a money losing market that only a few want it.

I'm paying 1940 full coverage after taxes with 1 ticket on a brand new 959 Panigale standalone at 26...OP's problem is he needs more exp. 2 years is nothing in an insurers eyes and he wouldn't even qualify for my company.

OP call Paul at Surnet, he should be able to get you on a 600 for $2500-3000 through Aviva.

Last edited:
The 899/959 seems to be in a weird insurance netherland. Enjoy you bastid.

I am, got really lucky with Wawanesa a quote for a 2016 RSV4 RR was only 2250, just a few years ago I was paying that on my 250. They require you to be 25+ and have your M for over 4 years so many guys especially younger ones don't qualify. The broker told me there's a small percentage of riders that actually makes it to full M, most just ride out their M2's having them expire and starting again or just quitting...

Last edited:
most just ride out their M2's

(Puts hand up)

Story of my life in 1996 or something like that. Had I actually bothered to get the full M before my M2 expired I wouldn't have had to start all over again last summer when I returned to riding. But, sold my bike after 3-4 years of riding and kind of just completely forgot about it - I had a class A licence that was keeping me far to busy at that point.

I am, got really lucky with Wawanesa a quote for a 2016 RSV4 RR was only 2250, just a few years ago I was paying that on my 250. They require you to be 25+ and have your M for over 4 years so many guys especially younger ones don't qualify. The broker told me there's a small percentage of riders that actually makes it to full M, most just ride out their M2's having them expire and starting again or just quitting...

Oh man, you are so lucky ! How long have you been riding ? $2250 for full coverage on rsv4 is like a dream for me lol. Im sure she sounds like a beast :)

Oh man, you are so lucky ! How long have you been riding ? $2250 for full coverage on rsv4 is like a dream for me lol. Im sure she sounds like a beast :)

I actually ended up going with a 959 Panigale, I just put the RSV4 quote up in response to the guy who said the 899/959 is in a weird insurance bracket just to give him an idea of 'proper' liter bike insurance. I'm sure an RSV4 sounds nice but man that 959 sounds monstrous even with the stock exhaust. Been riding since I was a kid but on the road since 09.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2461668 said:
The car is my gf's and the condo is hers too. Maybe the OP can do something similar?

uh, how does that work? Whose name(s) is(are) on the policy then? The policy covers the people named, and the vehicles covered...

Back
Top Bottom