Would a hands-free helmet holder be useful? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would a hands-free helmet holder be useful?

I wear mine at the gas station or when getting money at the bank atm, anything over 2 minutes I take it off. I certainly wouldn't wear it inside at the teller.

I bank with TD. Anything that comes in, or goes out, of my account can and will be done through an ATM at a branch. No need to stand in line for 15 minutes just to deposit a cheque or take out some cash. Most other things can be done online.

If I do happen to need a teller though, I'll take off my helmet. I'd like to think no one would rob a bank wearing a hi-vis yellow dirtbike-styled helmet... but there's some stupid criminals out there.

@sabex remember the guy who got shot dt during the world cup by a guy wearing a hi viz safety vest? Granted, he was around Italians and Portuguese men, so he probably blended right in.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

There are stupid people out there!
Banking is just one scenario, there are many others where I find myself carrying my helmet around: grocery store, malls, parks, outdoor festivals, meet ups, walking around after a ride...

I bank with TD. Anything that comes in, or goes out, of my account can and will be done through an ATM at a branch. No need to stand in line for 15 minutes just to deposit a cheque or take out some cash. Most other things can be done online.

If I do happen to need a teller though, I'll take off my helmet. I'd like to think no one would rob a bank wearing a hi-vis yellow dirtbike-styled helmet... but there's some stupid criminals out there.

So, why not just get a decent cable lock and put it through the chin bar and around something solid on the bike (I use my alum. hand guard). Much easier than carrying it in any manner and if someone wants to take it they better have a pair of 2ft bolt cutters or a grinding wheel. Cable goes in the back/fanny pocket of my jacket when not in use.

many people prefer not to leave helmets for a variety of reasons besides theft: rain, heat, vandalism, bike getting knocked over and helmet damaged, etc.
there was a thread on Reddit where one guy had a chocolate shake dumped in his and another guy had someone piss in it.

So, why not just get a decent cable lock and put it through the chin bar and around something solid on the bike (I use my alum. hand guard). Much easier than carrying it in any manner and if someone wants to take it they better have a pair of 2ft bolt cutters or a grinding wheel. Cable goes in the back/fanny pocket of my jacket when not in use.

Last edited:
It's a small monkeyfist sometimes used for survival or self defence. It's a ball bearing wrapped in paracord. I just liked the way it looked and also it's good as a zipper pull on a bag or jacket that is easy to pull open when you gloves on.

I've always wondered what is the monkey ball keychain used for on your site.

Back
Top Bottom