Would a hands-free helmet holder be useful? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would a hands-free helmet holder be useful?

I think that there will be enough of a market for this.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

here's a preview photo, ripped hipster jeans optional. i'm keeping it a bit inconspicuous for now until they arrive soon. when it's fastened the helmet doesn't have any swing and is very secure against the body. you can adjust the position to what's comfortable.

http://imgur.com/a/BlTEY

Last edited:
well that's pretty underwhelming

Can I fasten it securely to my seat while riding? Can I replace my cargo net with it?? That would probably be my selling point.

just guessing. Going to be interesting to see what you have come up with. I have a small net from my old minivan I considered using as a helmet/cargo holder in place of my bungee net. Though I've used bungee nets for almost 3 decades.

Yea there's a magnetic tank bag with it to store on the bike. But its a strap you can just wear it while riding you don't have to take it off.
Idea is to take the helmet with you after you park for those who don't want to leave it on the bike.

Can I fasten it securely to my seat while riding? Can I replace my cargo net with it?? That would probably be my selling point.

Yea there's a magnetic tank bag with it to store on the bike. But its a strap you can just wear it while riding you don't have to take it off.
Idea is to take the helmet with you after you park for those who don't want to leave it on the bike.
My idea was more for an easier 2nd helmet thing, in place of a cargo net. I personally don't mind carrying my helmet around, it's when I have to carry 2 that it becomes cumbersome.

If its just going into a store/bank/whatever for less than 30 minutes. I just wear my helmet. Otherwise I'm content keeping it on the bike or strapped to a backpack

I wear mine at the gas station or when getting money at the bank atm, anything over 2 minutes I take it off. I certainly wouldn't wear it inside at the teller.

If its just going into a store/bank/whatever for less than 30 minutes. I just wear my helmet. Otherwise I'm content keeping it on the bike or strapped to a backpack

Just copy-cat the sling straps for the likes of Black Rapid or Peak Design and connect to helmet's d-ring. Done.

All my helmets came with a helmet bag. Can sling it around my shoulder, why would I buy something extra?

my shoei came with a drawstring cloth storage bag. can't use it to sling i tried that, but if yours work well then you're good to go. if you want something better, more convenient, and has a cool factor then you can look into my thing when it's done. let's be honest we all like carrying our helmet around it looks badass especially with a nice paint design.

All my helmets came with a helmet bag. Can sling it around my shoulder, why would I buy something extra?

Back
Top Bottom