Reputable & Experienced Honda Dealer to Repair C-ABS System? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reputable & Experienced Honda Dealer to Repair C-ABS System?

burg226

Ive been having issues with with the C-ABS system on my 2010 CBR1000RR for years now. The system occasionally works but then errors and goes to a conventional braking system. So annoying let alone very dangerous. Google/YouTube the issue if you want to know more about it. All of the early Honda C-ABS bikes did this.

My local dealer (Clarington Honda) has probobly never even turned a wrench on a 1000RR let alone the very complicated ABS system. Does anybody know or have any first hand experience with a Honda dealer that may have worked on the C-ABS system? The last thing I need is a tech using my bike as the "guinea pig" and charging me $100/hour to try and figure it out...

Last edited:
I had my fork seals replaced at Ready Honda. Stuck to the quoted price and had it ready on time. I have no idea about their abs experience. ymmv

Don't go to Ready Honda. They have terrible customer service and even worse knowledge on repairs. I had my bike in for repairs after it was knocked over while parked. Not only did they have the bike there for over 3 weeks before even providing a partial estimate. They missed obvious damage to the bike and didn't include that in the repair quote.

I went to their shop to get my bike out of there before they started any work on it and there was a customer who picked up their bike and was complaining that the seat hadn't been put back on properly let alone fastened! These guys gave a customer their bike back without even attaching the seat!

Those guys are a bunch of lazy clowns, definitely not recommended in my books.

pm frekeguy

I've been having issues with with the C-ABS system on my 2010 CBR1000RR for years now. The system occasionally works but then errors and goes to a conventional braking system. So annoying let alone very dangerous. Google/YouTube the issue if you want to know more about it. All of the early Honda C-ABS bikes did this.

My local dealer (Clarington Honda) has probobly never even turned a wrench on a 1000RR let alone the very complicated ABS system. Does anybody know or have any first hand experience with a Honda dealer that may have worked on the C-ABS system? The last thing I need is a tech using my bike as the "guinea pig" and charging me $100/hour to try and figure it out...

If it's not the "lever to the grip, almost no brakes issue" I'm reading about, and just the light comes on but the brakes work fine, just no ABS (which I think you're saying) I would start by checking the air gaps between the sensors and reluctor rings. Too big a gap and the signal will have drop outs setting a code and disabling the system. Worth a look before you spend any money.

Thanks for the tips Neil and Bigpoppa. I've cleaned and inspected the sensors and rings and they look to be ok. I'll have to measure the gaps to confirm. In the meantime, I'll be contacting frekeguy to see if he has experience working on the C-ABS systems. I believe its an internal issue (Air in the ABS pump/lines, etc.) even though the system has never been touched since the factory.

Welcome to the world of ABS repair.
I have had my 1990 BMW since 2004. It had previously been a police bike.
When the lads at the police garage removed the sirens, radios and strobes before it was auctioned, they also cut the ABS connections.
(the wires connecting the control module to the ABS sensors).
I have been searching since I got the bike for a BMW tech who knows ABS-1.
It seems they are all retired or passed away.
While out touring, I will even stop in at BMW motorcycle shops and talk to the guys about it.
They just shake their heads and explain they don't even have the manual for ABS-1 anymore.

Thanks for the tips Neil and Bigpoppa. I've cleaned and inspected the sensors and rings and they look to be ok. I'll have to measure the gaps to confirm. In the meantime, I'll be contacting frekeguy to see if he has experience working on the C-ABS systems. I believe its an internal issue (Air in the ABS pump/lines, etc.) even though the system has never been touched since the factory.

7 years on the same brake fluid?!!! I bet the brakes are spongy and terrible by now. Maybe you have a sensor going bad?

Welcome to the world of ABS repair.
I have had my 1990 BMW since 2004. It had previously been a police bike.
When the lads at the police garage removed the sirens, radios and strobes before it was auctioned, they also cut the ABS connections.
(the wires connecting the control module to the ABS sensors).
I have been searching since I got the bike for a BMW tech who knows ABS-1.
It seems they are all retired or passed away.
While out touring, I will even stop in at BMW motorcycle shops and talk to the guys about it.
They just shake their heads and explain they don't even have the manual for ABS-1 anymore.

A bike that old, you'll have to find an independent; but being that old, all the service info will be online somewhere

Google's your friend. K bike diagrams as an example....

http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/kwiring/kwiring.htm

Marty and Nick at Milton Powersports are both awesome...have done work for me and bf and they are really good and honest...

Markham Outdoor Power.... that have been really good..... great service and people
I also have used Ready Powersports with no issue either

Back
Top Bottom