Who's Racing What Where In 2017? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's Racing What Where In 2017?

Won the SOAR amateur 600 championship this season so I will be a rookie pro next season.

The plan is pro 600, maybe some pro open.

I won am600 on a dinosaur so maybe even some lost era.

I also don't know how a regional pro license translates to a CSBK license for someone who's never done a national round. Can someone fill me in?

Currently looking for an 08+ R6.

Last edited:
I believe if you have a pro status in the regional, you will be forced into pro in CSBK. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

I believe if you have a pro status in the regional, you will be forced into pro in CSBK. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

CSBK holds the right to classify you. No golden rule

- I have seen a midpack CSBK AM600 racer win Pro regionally and be made to go Pro CSBK
- I have seen Regional Pro racers run CSBK AM
- I have seen Regional AM 600 racers declined for a CSBK race (granted he was for Mosport)
- I have seen a 1st time licence racer grid up for CSBK AM600 race

Read the CSBK rulebook classification but would still conclude that there is no hard and fast rule

Last edited:
Typically if you win an AM 600 class you are going Pro at CSBK. The confusion with SOAR was more or less in the past,, the early days of SOAR. Now the competition at SOAR is some of the best soooo,,, I don't think you can get a "By" any more after this past year. The riders from SOAR represented themselves and SOAR at a level that was on par with almost any org. It's a tribute to SOAR. But also keep in mind,,, UNLESS you have some water under the bridge somewhere,, CSBK will not give out a license to a first time Amatuer for Mosport. So if you wish to run Mosport you should enter a race prior and do a track day. Think it is more insurance then CSBK.

I also don't know how a regional pro license translates to a CSBK license for someone who's never done a national round. Can someone fill me in?

Currently looking for an 08+ R6.

For someone like yourself Kellen show up to the practice round at Shannonville and see how competitive your times are. Realistically speaking you haven't had any track time at SMP and Mosport so it would make sense for you to run CSBK AM for a year. This is what another rider did last year, if his times were close to CSBK PRO then Colin would have moved him. Speak to the folks at the CSBK booth during the bike shows for a proper answer though.

Planning on doing a few Old boy classes with SOAR and RACE for 2017.

For someone like yourself Kellen show up to the practice round at Shannonville and see how competitive your times are. Realistically speaking you haven't had any track time at SMP and Mosport so it would make sense for you to run CSBK AM for a year. This is what another rider did last year, if his times were close to CSBK PRO then Colin would have moved him. Speak to the folks at the CSBK booth during the bike shows for a proper answer though.

I wouldn't ask. If you want to run AM apply for AM.

Find out what they do and live with their decision.

CSBK holds the right to classify you. No golden rule

- I have seen a midpack CSBK AM600 racer win Pro regionally and be made to go Pro CSBK
- I have seen Regional Pro racers run CSBK AM
- I have seen Regional AM 600 racers declined for a CSBK race (granted he was for Mosport)
- I have seen a 1st time licence racer grid up for CSBK AM600 race

Read the CSBK rulebook classification but would still conclude that there is no hard and fast rule

this^

In the past few years in CSBK AM there have been regional pros racing.

I agree as well, don't ask to be AM just apply and see what happens.

I wouldn't ask. If you want to run AM apply for AM.

Find out what they do and live with their decision.

I was gonna say. The only rule of CSBK is Colin's Rule, anyway.

SOAR AM600 + 1 or 2 other classes(depending on bike). Most likely endurance. Might pop over to RACE again for a round or two.

A round or 2? You have a title to defend. Cam's looking forward to chasing you in Lost Era.

Dumb question: Who's building you bike?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Not a dumb question at all. Motor/tuning is being done at SC Motorsports which is who does Kenny Reidmans work, and suspension will be done by John Cornwell. Everything else will be done by me.

#498 Bandit 400

RACE- LWT Production, LWT Superbike....bring it on Joey!

VRRA P4 F3 ad F2.

Luc is coming back next year as well. #730

RACE- LWT Production

And finally old pops is getting back out on a racebike. (1986 GS550EFE) #334

RACE- LWT Production

VRRA P4F3

Lol. You have been to my shop right?

Oh, I have and need to soon! Gotta pick up those tires still.

Where do you and the boys take the dirt bikes? I'm thinking of that Motopark place and random forest trails as well.

for now it's going to be SOAR BOTT LW and HW but may trade one for another class. Depends on what the other SV's do.

Any new SOAR BOTT racers this year on SV or FZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm excited to pick up my RC51 tomorrow!

Will be racing SOAR BOTT for sure and will look at the other classes it eligible in.
Will also race SOAR novice 600 and see how that series goes.

I would like to go to other tracks and if possible race Shannonville with RACE in the same classes.

thanks for the earlier advice re CBSK!

MuXRK2r.jpg

TG64Em4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom