Who's Racing What Where In 2017? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's Racing What Where In 2017?

STR

Waiting for next season sucks so I thought I'd spark some conversation. I'm sure some peoples plans are top secret but lets hear what everyone else is doing.

I'll start:

I'll be returning to RACE to run 300 and lightweight prod. on my Ninja 300.
Running VRRA on my EX 500.
Also hoping to run CSBK on the 300 as well.

RACE AM600, AM SB, Lost Era Light

RACE BOTT, Lite Superbike

Retiring

Work schedule is still pretty tight so it's just gonna be more track days for me next year.

Building a new ZX10 to compete in CSBK/RACE Pro SBK. I won't be doing a full RACE schedule and not sure about the full CSBK series yet either.

Building a new ZX10 to compete in CSBK/RACE Pro SBK. I won't be doing a full RACE schedule and not sure about the full CSBK series yet either.

Track days are expansive, but race season drain your wallet:)

Going it again, didn't like this season's results...

Racing a 2016.5 RSV4 RF I am "building" - it's stock, just some lightening up, a pipe, pegs, plastics and protection
Also racing my stock-ish 2009 GSX-R 600 and rebuilt / less stock-ish 2013 GSX-R 600 which should be competitive
May also race a 300, depending on availability (it's not mine).

Plans are to run RACE series and maybe a couple of CSBK, depending.

250 in LWT prod & 300 prod.
650 in LWT SBK & BOTT. Was going to keep this a surprise but most people found out at the banquet anyway ;)

Same Honda with a bit of a jazzed up motor.

Local CSBK ie: bogie,smp,asm,mosport....only pro600
And 3 or 4 RACE rounds. in pro600,sbk and open sprint

Same FZR400.

VRRA Shannonville, Bogie, Mosport, Bogie. The Mosport event promises to be a big one; it's the 50th anniversary of the only world GP event ever held in Canada (at Mosport).

The two VRRA Calabogie events conflict with SOAR, so I have some decisions to make. I will run the first couple of SOAR events, then we'll see.

Sames classes at RACE. Aiming to make every weekend unless other obligations arise.
300 Prod and Lightweight Prod on the Ninja 250.
Might chuck in a few endurance races at SOAR as well.

Would be awesome if we had some of those at Shannonville. If there were enough people interested in making teams on small bikes, I'd be up for renting the track for an afternoon/evening.

Looking at getting a dirt bike soon. Way cheaper than road racing so it'll fill the gaps between RACE weekends for me. Any of you guys ride dirt/trails?

RACE BOTT, Lite Superbike
:-(

Looking at getting a dirt bike soon. Way cheaper than road racing so it'll fill the gaps between RACE weekends for me. Any of you guys ride dirt/trails?

Lol. You have been to my shop right?

I got a KX250f this year, best thing I have done.

I am planning to go back to AM Superbike and Lost era but who knows.

Right now I am getting my bikes sorted out which will determine the classes I race.
the 07 ZX6 is pretty close, servicing and setting up suspension plus plastic. This one is open to many classes but I am coming in as a novice so may start there.

My 04 GSXR600 is a pretty much stock bike that once set up can be a lost era bike.
I am on the fence about investing in it though, cheaper to sell and by a track ready bike.

The RC51 that Dean has is top of my list, if I can get that then I can do the twins races.
I may have to paint the GSXR white and sell it/move it out of the garage to bring the 51 in, the less the wife knows the better LOL!

So far I am looking at both the SOAR series and RACE series.
Being new to this I assumed there would be a different track each weekend like the MX CMRC series. I would of loved to race at Calaboogie and Mosport, I do know CBSK does but that looks like a pro level group..

Right now I am getting my bikes sorted out which will determine the classes I race.
the 07 ZX6 is pretty close, servicing and setting up suspension plus plastic. This one is open to many classes but I am coming in as a novice so may start there.

My 04 GSXR600 is a pretty much stock bike that once set up can be a lost era bike.
I am on the fence about investing in it though, cheaper to sell and by a track ready bike.

The RC51 that Dean has is top of my list, if I can get that then I can do the twins races.
I may have to paint the GSXR white and sell it/move it out of the garage to bring the 51 in, the less the wife knows the better LOL!

So far I am looking at both the SOAR series and RACE series.
Being new to this I assumed there would be a different track each weekend like the MX CMRC series. I would of loved to race at Calaboogie and Mosport, I do know CBSK does but that looks like a pro level group..

Bevo

If it's your first race season I would humbly suggest you focus on SOAR/RACE Novice/Rookie classes and augment your classes based on your results and comfort.

Figure the whole race thing out.

Stay away from thoughts of racing CSBK especially Mosport etc.

Some of the CSBK AM riders are as fast as the pros in RACE and SOAR. It's a different league. You need skills and a fast bike to be better than mid-pack. I agree with bakaboy, get some experience in the regionals first.

Back
Top Bottom