What are the bits I need to fix a Samsung S4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are the bits I need to fix a Samsung S4

JZ67

Site Supporter
Ok, tech guru's I need a little help. I have an idle Samsung S4 that needs its guts replaced. I don't know what these guts are called to order them online but I am sure it is relatively cheap to buy. The phone is dead and really a POS paper weight at this point so I don't care if I ruin it for good.

I just want to replace the engine in this thing. Body is sound.

Last edited:
Uh.. it doesn't have very many user replaceable parts. You'd basically have to swap the entire 'main board' which is essentially the whole phone, minus screen and battery.

Its an S4, huck it in the trash.

Ok, tech guru's I need a little help. I have an idle Samsung S4 that needs its guts replaced. I don't know what these guts are called to order them online but I am sure it is relatively cheap to buy. The phone is dead and really a POS paper weight at this point so I don't care if I ruin it for good.

I just want to replace the engine in this thing. Body is sound.

what is the problem with it?

It just quit working. I'm guessing it's the main board but for what they are worth I would try to fix it. Just want it as a back up device. One of my kids is always breaking a phone. I think I just gave a clear example of over privileged.

It's not worth it. Buy a lightly used Moto G 3rd gen for $100 and call it a day

The digitizer on my S4 broke and after looking at the cost of those things I just went out and bought an S7. Not worth it trying to fix that phone anymore. It's full of bugs and craps out after a couple years.

Once or twice a year Pizza Pizza has a trade-in thing where you bring in old phones and get a slice in return.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and enjoy your slice of pizza.

It just quit working. I'm guessing it's the main board but for what they are worth I would try to fix it. Just want it as a back up device. One of my kids is always breaking a phone. I think I just gave a clear example of over privileged.

waste of time imo...get one for $100 or so on CL or Kijiji

The digitizer on my S4 broke and after looking at the cost of those things I just went out and bought an S7. Not worth it trying to fix that phone anymore. It's full of bugs and craps out after a couple years.
I'm finding this happening now to me.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Mother board on ebay is $57USD plus shipping so it's going to be over $100.00 to fix. Not worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom