MotoGP 2017 | Page 57 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

Only MM can consistently make saves like that. No one else can do what he does.

I'm not a MM fan but if he stays healthy I think I he'll surpass VR and GA as the all time GOAT.

23472370_1825582750805069_5968054687760118666_n.jpg

Dovi didn't have the pace to win regardless of JL moving over or not. It was a dick move to ignore his team but I doubt it would have helped Dovi much. If you are a MotoGP world champion you should be able to make that pass without needing team orders. Obviously didn't matter in the end.

Interesting to note that the Factory Yam's were running 2016 chassis for the race that they borrowed from Tech3.

Well, that's it folks. Awesome year of racing. Thanks so much for all the donations, really helped me keep all the servers online. Sucks about my increased work schedule the last few months, really hampered me getting the files up quick. And the file take down at the end :(

What I plan to do for next year:

- List the events in reverse order (oldest at the bottom, newest at the top), so you don't need to scroll down a few posts to find the newest race, it'll always be at the top.
- Work on the external website that's going to be showing all the links for the torrents/files.

Also if everything goes as planned I'm going to have at least 100mbps/100mbps symmetrical fiber installed at my home so then I will be able to reliably stream both 1080p and 720p. It will also allow me to get the files up faster/finish seeding.

Live testing starts on Tuesday. Links will be in the MotoGP 2018 thread.

Thanks again everyone! To another year :eek:ccasion5:

Thank you, johnscruiser, for all your timely diligent work!

Dovi didn't have the pace to win regardless of JL moving over or not. It was a dick move to ignore his team but I doubt it would have helped Dovi much. If you are a MotoGP world champion you should be able to make that pass without needing team orders. Obviously didn't matter in the end.
Not only that, Dovi said being behind Lorenzo helped him. All in all, it was the right choice, or at least, as good as it could be.
What I plan to do for next year
When will you be satisfied? You're giving us multiple orgasms y'know.
Live testing starts on Tuesday. Links will be in the MotoGP 2018 thread.
YES! I didn't want to ask if you'd cover testing this year, felt a little pushy. You're bloody awesome man! Thanks for everything! What is it now... 5 yrs? You've never disappointed once!

Moto3: Good to see Jorge Martin get a win. He's got pace. Not sure if he will be a title contender, but he will definitely be in the mix.

Moto2: KTM found something. 3 straights wins for Oliveira, with Binder scoring podiums as well. KTM is also running 5(?) bikes next year. Could this be the end of the Kalex reign?

MotoGP: What can you say? MM saved his championship with his elbow. Had he crashed, it would have all been in AD's hands. Yeah, he crashed afterwards, but the different circumstances could have led him to ride/think differently. 6 world titles. For all the riders I have witnessed, he is 1 and 1A with Rossi for GOAT. (FWIW: Stoner 3, Lorenzo 4, Pedrosa 5)

DOd8D6eWsAE3EPw.jpg

Last edited:
For all the riders I have witnessed, he is 1 and 1A with Rossi for GOAT.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll eventually surpass VR in every single way. Just waay more natural talent than Rossi. Rossi's domination came at a time when the field of talent was shallow. Biaggi? Gibernau? Pfft. It was only when the aliens came on the scene that he was actually challenged.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll eventually surpass VR in every single way. Just waay more natural talent than Rossi. Rossi's domination came at a time when the field of talent was shallow. Biaggi? Gibernau? Pfft. It was only when the aliens came on the scene that he was actually challenged.

Biasedly speaking, I'd rather it be Rossi, but if MM keeps the pace he is on, it would be hard to deny it.

What I want is Lorenzo's reason for letting Dovi pass, other than Ducati pays his bills.
From sports point of view, can't find any, other than "lets do the same as F1 does".
With all dew respect, I think Dovi never need any help from Lorenzo to get there.
On the other hand never saw Dovi trying to overtake Lorezo during the race;
And what was the point of it? If he overtake Lorenzo will he be the champion?

Then MM93 almost fall, but saved again, losing places to the 5th. That is DARMA!
Lorenzo fall, then Dovi... is'n it that karma?

I really find the Ducati #Mapping8 order pathetic. That is not the way oh wining in MotoGP, that is the F1 style!

That is mu humble opinion.

when the aliens came on the scene? you mean when the euro press showed a cartoon with kenny roberts as an alien ? late 70's 78 ?
the term alien has been around a lot longer than you youngins...lol

My fear for MM is that he has a serious injury. His hard charging ways are an incredible show. Stay healthy MM.

How can you say for sure that Sete, Max, Barros etc were all bad racers?

How can you even compare them? Different Bikes, different tires, etc...

Sure Rossi blitzed them all, but was that because they were bad riders? Or was Rossi that good?

Think about the changes that went on between 1999 and 2004, Tires, Motors, Teams, electronics...All of them changed SO MUCH in a very short amount of time.

Guys like Barros, Biaggi etc all started their careers focusing on learning how to ride a fire breathing 500 two stroke, then all of a sudden they had to relearn and taylor their riding to a 1000cc four stroke.

No, the riders who were competing against Rossi were not bad riders or any less talented than the current crop. Rossi was just the MM of the early 2000s.

What makes Rossi the GOAT, is more than just him being a great rider, his ability to develop a motorcycle, and his PR ability is unrivaled. THAT is what makes him the greatest of all time.

As much as I would like see Rossi win another championship, it's not possible, his time had passed. Marquez is the new VR46, and if he stays healthy, he'll be a force to be reckon with.

Back
Top Bottom