MotoGP 2017 | Page 46 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

Greetings to all from balmy Florida.
I just registered and I'm happy to be here.
Continued thanks and appreciation to JohnsCruiser (A9).
~M~

Last edited:
Joan Mir really is in a class to himself in Moto3. He is definitely going to be one to watch in the future.

Franco Morbidelli has really impressed me in moto2. Everytime he bins his bike and/or allows Luthi to catch up in points, he comes up with a great performance the next race under strenuous circumstances.

Marc Marquez really is the class of the Motogp field. I admire the fight that Dovi is putting up, but MM always seems to have a little bit more (on average). I would be surprised if MM does not win the championship. I am mystified as to what has happened to Yamaha and Vinales in particular. I think Rossi is riding to the best of his ability, but I think Vinales has more. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Joan Mir really is in a class to himself in Moto3. He is definitely going to be one to watch in the future.

Marc Marquez really is the class of the Motogp field. I admire the fight that Dovi is putting up, but MM always seems to have a little bit more (on average). I would be surprised if MM does not win the championship. I am mystified as to what has happened to Yamaha and Vinales in particular. I think Rossi is riding to the best of his ability, but I think Vinales has more. I don't get it.

Finally watched Arragon.

Mir may be the reason I actually watch Moto2 next season, for some reason I thought Binder and Navarro would have made me watch, but it just didn't happen as I've seen 5 laps in total of moto2 this season, none of which I recall being particularly interesting. He's partnering with Alex Marquez next year, right? Should be worth a watch given how competitive he's been this year and his interesting riding style. Not sure I agree with his grid penalty, but given the point lead and how good he is at climbing up the grid its hardly an issue, and will just mean he will win it at Phillip Island rather than Motegi.

Marc certainly has been riding exceptionally well since that engine blow up which set him back, but then again given his races at Misano and Arragon he's best when the he doesn't have a lead. I'd really like HRC to let him ride like this all season, rather than how he did last year going into Motegi when the title was in sight.

As for Vinales, that M1 has been having severe traction issues:

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/132023/vinales-cant-catch-marquez-at-current-level

I was watching some footage from Movistar from Spain tonight and he said he pretty much given up on the title fight (despite what that article suggests) in a post-race interview due to how severe the limited traction is on the new chassis, he said he's still go for wins where available; what I gathered is that the M1 seems to be good for qualy as he has had 2 poles on Honda tracks but hasn't been able to convert to wins due to the limited traction.

Its a shame, I really wanted to see the rest of the season lead to a 3 way show-down in Valencia, but I suppose a battle between Marc vs Dovi will have to do. I guess it can still happen, if either have a crash or mechanical DNFs, but that's hardly something I'm willing to rely on.

Just watched Mizano now and that leg kick from Marquez shows exactly who's been the brains behind their fantastic wet weather race strategies; it's Marquez, not Honda.

No doubt, not just strategy but balls. There is a new movie / documentary where it is very clear that MM has taken control specially since they had all the issues over the past couple years.

Finally watched Arragon.

Mir may be the reason I actually watch Moto2 next season, for some reason I thought Binder and Navarro would have made me watch, but it just didn't happen as I've seen 5 laps in total of moto2 this season, none of which I recall being particularly interesting. He's partnering with Alex Marquez next year, right? Should be worth a watch given how competitive he's been this year and his interesting riding style. Not sure I agree with his grid penalty, but given the point lead and how good he is at climbing up the grid its hardly an issue, and will just mean he will win it at Phillip Island rather than Motegi.

Correct, Mir is going to be AM's teammate at MarcVDS.

As for Moto2 itself, while not every race has been a barn burner, I do think that this has been one of the better seasons in some time in terms of on-track action. Watching Franco Morbidelli has been a treat. His responses to adversity has been something to watch.

If Mir excels in Moto2, which is entirely possible, he and Morbidelli could be a solid pairing in MotoGP. I think JM will be a better MotoGP prospect than AM. Maybe AM will get better, but I expected more from him this year. He's had flashes, but nothing sustained.

:lmao:This reminds me of your "Hitting the Apex" tornado back on the old ship. And yeah. it's the one you've posted at the top. Once again to our rescue :thumbup:
Btw, speaking of openng posts, Extratorrent docked a while back so ya might as well pull down the link

Last edited:
Mir could very well be the next Danny Kent, dominant in Moto 3 and just so so in Moto 2.

Good news Joe Roberts has a full time ride in Moto2 for next year.

I found it on Kodi - I'll try to find the link. I think it was called behind the smile but I am not sure if this is accurate

Edit: it isn't "Beyond the smile" I will find it tonight when I get home and post the link

He was saying on that documentary that for a year he kept telling the factory to fix the "front floating feeling problem"which was the reason why he kept crashing in 2015, after half a season of the problem not being fixed, they had a big conference with the engineers at honda and finally one stood up and said "what is a Floating sensation" it turns out the meaning got lost in translation and the Japanese where too polite to ask MM what he meant... from that point he said he would quiz the techs and mechanics and everyone on what he said and ask them to repeated back, they lost a full season because of a language and culture barrier.

NEVER! If you have a link to it and it's pay let me know and I'll get it up. Not sure if it's one I already posted (at the top of the first post).

Last edited:
Have I missed something? I can't find Moto3 Aragon for download anywhere. Here, usenet, torrents... nope. Anybody have it?

Back
Top Bottom