MotoGP 2017 | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

What an absolutely flawless day of streaming! 7.5 hours with ZERO dropped frames, skips, etc.!! 283 users on MontrealSSD, 139 on NY and 13 on Amsterdam (for the MotoGP race).

The 1080p versions of the race will be uploaded shortly, the 720p was capturing so flawless I live recorded the races so that's how they got up so damn quick (normally I have to wait a long time until MotoGP post them up, then live record them, so about 2 hours after the race finishes!).

ffmpeg_stream.png

Brilliant work, JC!

Glad to hear she did so well under those demands.

I crashed after moto3, so I'm just about to sit down for GP now.

Motogp Pre/Race/Post in 1080p:

ftp://37.187.22.93/d7bb65fb90212366077ebc947b38836b/

Last edited:
Didn't get to watch it last night after all, but I'm watching now with 5 laps to go and I cannot believe this race... That was a stroke of genius by HRC tactics and Marc for being able to keep on the track, this will definitely make the career highlight reel along with Sachsenring 2016.

We're getting closer to that VInales v Marquez duel, not sure if it will happen next race weekend but I'd like to see it happen.

Gutted to see JLO succumb to this, he was having a good race until the conditions broke him... again. That Ducati fairing was working well for him in the opening laps and at qualy. I really do want someone like Zarco to jump on that bike just to see what would happen. Dovi is good for race wins, but I think that bike suits a more aggressive rider to be fighting for championships.

I don't understand the teams that stayed out on full wets....absolutely mind boggling. The announcers were talking about the drying track during the sighting lap. If everyone pits the lap AFTER Marquez goes in we have an interesting race. But nope lets stay out for a few more laps and lead a race we're going to get crushed in. Yamaha cannot ever get these right. ... I still don't understand why there is no race radio allowed.

They do have dash communication though. Think they were expecting more rain.

That Ducati JL fairing......thought Ducati made elegant bikes.....

They do have dash communication though. Think they were expecting more rain.

Most teams are not allowed to use the ship to shore communication during the race, only in practice. They talked about it quite a bit in the post race press conference. The factory Yamaha and Honda riders for sure couldn't use it, and I only have to assume that the factory Ducati team wasn't using it otherwise they would have told Lorenzo to stay out (because his bike wasn't ready).

The only teams I saw using it were:

02%20-%20MotoGP%20RACE%20-%20Czech%20Republic%201080p50.mp4_snapshot_10.17_%5B2017.08.08_07.57.59%5D.jpg

02%20-%20MotoGP%20RACE%20-%20Czech%20Republic%201080p50.mp4_snapshot_11.33_%5B2017.08.08_08.00.30%5D.jpg

02%20-%20MotoGP%20RACE%20-%20Czech%20Republic%201080p50.mp4_snapshot_12.30_%5B2017.08.08_08.02.06%5D.jpg

02%20-%20MotoGP%20RACE%20-%20Czech%20Republic%201080p50.mp4_snapshot_33.18_%5B2017.08.08_08.05.54%5D.jpg

At this point I'm sure Gigi and co are wiling to strap a rabid-feral animal behind JLO's bike if it got some results this season, that fairing may not be pretty (hammerhead) but it really did sort out his front issues that he can't seem to get over on that machine. Dovi has done well, and being in the top 5 given the bad strategy and mixed conditions was a good position as he came behind Rossi.

JLO is the highest paid (contract) factory rider in the paddock, right? I mean I'm sure Rossi makes more from sponsorship etc... I'd really like to see a resurgence from him this season, but Silverstone is almost guaranteed to be wet at some point in the weekend, so, we'll see.

Was moto2 any good? I may watch it tonight if was.

It is interesting to me that Ducati had to decide between Iannone and Dovi for who would be the number 2 rider behind George. They picked Dovi who is now seemingly their number 1 rider, Iannone can't win an egg and spoon race with Suzuki, and George cant even come close to his "number 2" team mate no matter what **** they throw at that bike.

I am just happen to see Dovi doing so well. The dude has been a company man/number 2 rider his whole career and seems like such a nice guy. Not to mention how many times he'd been run into in recent times.

Anyone here watch moto2? Am I the only one that thought that a 6 lap sprint to decide the race was a joke?

That was strange. Went from something like 20 lap race to a 6 lap sprint? Though they would have made it at least 2/3 the original distance. But timing and TV schedules dictate as much as anything else.

hope someone can help with viewing, upgraded to windows 10, will barely play streams, "cant find player" comes up when on live. changed isp and went much higher speed, same. On edge ( the old IE) it will find live but not play, very choppy. Before issues, W7 at 3.4mb I am not techy in anyway so please if you have a suggestion, dumb it down for me. Oh and from other sites, no problem streaming races.

hope someone can help with viewing, upgraded to windows 10, will barely play streams, "cant find player" comes up when on live. changed isp and went much higher speed, same. On edge ( the old IE) it will find live but not play, very choppy. Before issues, W7 at 3.4mb I am not techy in anyway so please if you have a suggestion, dumb it down for me. Oh and from other sites, no problem streaming races.
Do you know what server you're trying to stream them from? If it says feralhosting that's Amsterdam. You generally can't stream from Amsterdam if you're on this side of the pond (USA/Canada). When events are live streaming you should be able to watch them on NY or MontrealSSD without issue. I use Chrome and have a plugin called Cache Killer that works really well for watching live streams.

If you want to watch races/events after they have been finished/posted up then RIGHT CLICK on the file, and save it to your computer/device, then watch it when it's done:

amsterdam_direct_download.png

An alternate way to download them is by using the .torrent file. If you've never used torrents before you should figure it out, they are the future.

MotoGP 2017 - Round 11 - Pre-Event Press Conference - Austria is now LIVE STREAMING in 720p on MontrealSSD, NY and Amsterdam.

Enjoy!

thanks, ive tried them all. I was able to stream after the race( not live) without issue on windows 7. I will call the guy that did the upgrade and see if he can get me back to what worked. I like your site, and prefer to keep using it. Thanks for all your doing.

Hi

May I know, why the 1080's stream is not turned on ?. What's happening ?.

Greetz,
M

Looks to me like this can be a number of reasons, but Dorna sometimes just doesn't stream all of their content in 1080p. Bandwidth at tracks and countries likely varies so they go with a safe HD format they can get away with.

But it may also be (on JC's side) to have a way to deliver immediate access to the content on the server as 720p media allows for live records, as he mentioned, and thus faster upload; eventually Dorna will update things on their side with 1080p (FP/Qualy/Race) on the Pass site, at which point it can be uploaded to the server and created into a torrent file. And eventually me spotting this and uploading to my FTP, I have to find a better way to get the torrent hashes directly sent to me like an Rss feed or something to mirror it, but that FTP isn't 'smart' so automation is out of the question.

I just checked the server and 1080p is up there.

Lets just me mindful that JC has a life outside of this place, too.

Last edited:
MotoGP 2017 - Round 11 - Free Practice One (FP1) - Austria is now LIVE STREAMING in 720p on MontrealSSD, NY and Amsterdam.

Enjoy!

May I know, why the 1080's stream is not turned on ?. What's happening ?.
Just too many issues trying to stream 1080p and 720p at the same time so am going to just stick with 720p for the live stream but will upload all the files in 1080p and 720p.

Back
Top Bottom