MotoGP 2017 | Page 37 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

folger, zarco , petrucci ...wow
where and why are we seeing these unexpected finishers towards the front of motogp? are the michelin tires performing? or is everybody having trouble sorting them out? thoughts?

not sure, but it sure does make the races interesting.

where and why are we seeing these unexpected finishers towards the front of motogp? are the michelin tires performing? or is everybody having trouble sorting them out? thoughts?

not sure, but it sure does make the races interesting.

Perfect storm IMO

Yamaha: The Yamaha factory bike seems to be better than the tech3 bike, but the variability is also larger, leading to tech3 occasionally finishing ahead of the factory.

Ducati: Despite Lorenzo's struggles, the ducati factory bike is a solid bike shown by dovi and petrucci. The 16 is also a solid bike. Bautista shows that bike's capability best so far.

Honda: the factory clearly have the best bikes of their teams, but there's something off about the bike. I can't put my finger on what it is.

All in all, no factory bike is better than the other. So when one factory is favoured by a track, it appears its satellite teams are there to pick up some extra places at the expense of the other factories.

Last edited:
where and why are we seeing these unexpected finishers towards the front of motogp?

Folger had the hottest grid girl this week which is why he won. That's my guess.

I know it's kinda old news now but what is up with Danny Kent and moving BACK to Moto3 AGAIN!?!

He decided a few rounds into the season that it wasn't his failings causing poor results, but the suter and the team... this after dumping the crew chief that brought him the title in moto3 after last year for the same reason... and leaving tech3 first go around, again, for similar reasons. Surprised Ajo is willing to put him on a bike, but then again he likes taking risks on troubled riders.

Wow, just getting time to sit and watch Sachsenring tonight and what a race! 93 is back on top despite the HRC failing on its engine development for yet another season, and VIN back in the hunt with only a 5 point deficit. I hope we get to see this one decided in Valencia and that epic rivalry in the making finally coming into being for the rest of the season.

I really do want Zarco to start being in the top 5 more often, and fighting for podium spots, the guy has been the rookie of the year by far. All whilst causing trouble with fossils along the way. :lmao::cool:

Kind of bummed when I realized there won't be any races until August due to the break, but I guess that is my cue to get my leathers on and do some laps for the first time on my race bike this season. Maybe I'll finally get the motivation to turn some wrenches on my own spare bike, too. I got some track fairings sitting in my shed that have been waiting for me to retrofit on to it.

Sorry, JC, I'll have to push back server stuff until next week or so, too much on my plate this month with conferences and speaking arrangements. The thing got mothballed since Mugello and I lost track of MotoGP stuff due to Pikes Peak. Luckily no races going on right now, so that should help with server load. Thanks, again! And amazing job as always.

Not sure how people feel about EV bikes, but I got to meet the kids at fan fest and the rider on the mountain; I even got to shake Barber's hand and congratulate him on the record as he was coming back down.

https://car.osu.edu/news/2017/06/buckeye-current-places-first-pikes-peak-international-hill-climb

Awesome project and awesome kids with an inspired idea for innovation into the motorcycle industry; they told me that HD is actually doing the R/D for an EV bikes for 2020 as one of there engineers from the project was sent over there last year. Forget about them buying Ducati from VW group, that is the big shocker!

Last edited:
I really do want Zarco to start being in the top 5 more often, and fighting for podium spots, the guy has been the rookie of the year by far. All whilst causing trouble with fossils along the way. :lmao::cool

oh man this could be good fireworks from the big eared fossil rossi fans ...hey wait, Im way older than rossi! are you looking for trouble lol.
Im at a coin toss for vinales or marquez to win it this year.

Last edited:
I really do want Zarco to start being in the top 5 more often, and fighting for podium spots, the guy has been the rookie of the year by far. All whilst causing trouble with fossils along the way. :lmao::cool

oh man this could be good fireworks from the big eared fossil rossi fans ...hey wait, Im way older than rossi! are you looking for trouble lol.

Im at a coin toss for vinales or marquez to win it this year.

I suspected as much, haha! I'm likely a rugrat by comparison to most here. :razz: Funny, considering I prefer to ride 'classic' carb 90s bikes to the modern stuff.

Yup, Sachsenring was an interesting race weekend, it really set the tone for what we can expect for the rest of the season: fireworks! The Honda tracks are coming up and Vinales got fired up at qualy with that nudge when they made contact. Oddly, I got images of Marc and Rossi at Laguna the way the two interacted and subsequently reacted to the whole matter.

I managed to come home early and got on top of things with my FTP, here is a mirror of Sachsenring pre/race/post in 1080p:

ftp://37.187.109.220/77ffcc079ce36fefb4b96cb48b26173a/

Thanks, JC!

93 interview with Rossi praising. :eek:

Last edited:
MotoGP 2017 - Round 10 - Pre-Event Press Conference - Czech Republic is now LIVE STREAMING in 720p on MontrealSSD, NY and Amsterdam.

Enjoy!

MotoGP 2017 - Round 10 - Free Practice One (FP1) - Czech Republic is now LIVE STREAMING in 720p on MontrealSSD, NY and Amsterdam.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom