MotoGP 2017 | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

Downloaded from Amsterdam server and watched the race
**SPOILER**
What drama
Vinales crashes out
0.3 Penalty for Rossi (thought he would have been finishing 4th behind Zarco but THE DOCTOR overtakes Pedrosa and pulls out a 2 sec lead over the finish line)
Not much action in the midfield compared to Argentina
Rossi leads the Championship :cool:

Thank you Johnscruiser

Last edited:
MontrealSSD is back up, a day late and a dollar short :)

I got some good plans for it. We'll test it out on this weekends WSBK race ;)

Just uploaded race from torrent onto my VPS, can someone confirm it dl and its speed on Chrome, Safari? it works fine on firefox on my end.

ftp://37.187.108.178/df59d0d4a97809e34daa869367240854/

"Right-Click, Save Link As" doesn't work on Mac OSX (10.12.4 Sierra) Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

All I manage to get is a text file that contains this:

300: ftp://37.187.108.178/df59d0d4a97809e34daa869367240854/
200: filename content-length last-modified file-type
201: "MotoGP%202017%20-%20Round%2003%20-%20MotoGP%20RACE%20-%20Americas%201080p50" 0 Sun%2C%2023%20Apr%202017%2020%3A48%3A00 DIRECTORY

*For poops and giggles I just tried doing a save-as on the link I posted above and that works - takes me to the enclosing directory where I can actually download the file. Weird that it works that way... Shrug... *

Last edited:
Not-so-bold Prediction: Morbidelli is going to win Moto2 and move up to the MarcVDS MotoGP team, replacing Rabat.

Anyone able to Chromecast these 1080p50 files smoothly? I get a weird stutter every couple of seconds. Doesn't seem like a buffering or transcoding issue, more like an incompatibility with the 50fps Euro standard? Halp?

I've got the same issue, except I'm just watching directly from the motogp.com site and not through a Chromecast. It's a rhythmic kind of surging - a microsecond pause followed by a slight FFWD effect to catch up every two or three seconds. It's not a buffering thing, as I can rewind and replay the same section of the videos over and over and the surge happens at the exact same spots every time. It happens very noticeably at 1080p and slightly less noticeably at 720p. I've been watching the races at 540p to avoid the issue but that resolution looks terrible. I don't remember this effect in previous years.

I'm using an HDTV as a monitor, but there's nothing I can find in the TV's settings to control the refresh rate. I also tried a regular LCD monitor with no improvement. I've played around with all of the display settings on my video card (60hz, 59hz, 50hz, 24hz, 23hz) but it doesn't seem to have helped. It's kind of annoying to spend $165/year to watch fuzzy 540p content

"Right-Click, Save Link As" doesn't work on Mac OSX (10.12.4 Sierra) Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

201: "MotoGP%202017%20-%20Round%2003%20-%20MotoGP%20RACE%20-%20Americas%201080p50" 0 Sun%2C%2023%20Apr%202017%2020%3A48%3A00 DIRECTORY

*For poops and giggles I just tried doing a save-as on the link I posted above and that works - takes me to the enclosing directory where I can actually download the file. Weird that it works that way... Shrug... *

Clicking on the link opens a popup in safari "Do you want to allow this page to open “Finder”?"
Click Allow which opens another window asking for username and password to connect to the ftp server, Select guest and press connect. The ftp folder will be mounted in Finder and you can copy/paste the files to your desktop.

Alternately press Cmd+k in Finder, Enter link ftp://37.187.109.223/9a8a53e346ee0267a74c39ad626511aa/ and connect as guest.
You can find the ftp folder under shared in the sidebar.

I think there is some confusion, the link is a directory to a FTP folder on my VPS, once there you can dl the individual files there in mp4 form, in this case that's motogp pre event, race, and podium ceremony. So, just to be clear, click the link given; once there, navigate to the desired folder (MotoGP), and that will reveal the 3 files which you can then right click and save as to DL and watch when complete.

I just tried it from work on my personal laptop and work terminal and it works fine on both ends.

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/4aXD9

Not a mac guy, never use them, as I run 6 different Linux distros on my personal stuff, and have to use Windows OS garbage at work. But Nicky seems to have good insight as to how to make it work on it above. Thanks, dude!

I've got the same issue, except I'm just watching directly from the motogp.com site and not through a Chromecast. It's a rhythmic kind of surging - a microsecond pause followed by a slight FFWD effect to catch up every two or three seconds. It's not a buffering thing, as I can rewind and replay the same section of the videos over and over and the surge happens at the exact same spots every time. It happens very noticeably at 1080p and slightly less noticeably at 720p. I've been watching the races at 540p to avoid the issue but that resolution looks terrible. I don't remember this effect in previous years.

I'm using an HDTV as a monitor, but there's nothing I can find in the TV's settings to control the refresh rate. I also tried a regular LCD monitor with no improvement. I've played around with all of the display settings on my video card (60hz, 59hz, 50hz, 24hz, 23hz) but it doesn't seem to have helped. It's kind of annoying to spend $165/year to watch fuzzy 540p content

See, this is why I despise Dorna, rather than use the increase in subscription costs to improve the viewing delivery and deny off season coverage for tests they'd rather ignore their clients concerns and give us visits to Alipinestars and Ohlins, which while nice are not why we tune in at 4am on Saturdays for most of the year.

JC is doing amazing work, and why I feel we should support him in anyway we can as Dorna will take your money and just no give a **** and expect you to come back everytime.

If we can get a BT sports live stream I think we would be much better off. I may have to delve back into old sources and see what I come up with.

Last edited:
Thanks Nicky and Winales...
My error in thinking it was a single file to download as opposed to folder on a server.

It's better to use a ftp client like 'ForkLift' or a downloader like 'Progressive Downloader' which let you resume the download.

MontrealSSD is back up, a day late and a dollar short :)

I got some good plans for it. We'll test it out on this weekends WSBK race ;)

John, your encoding settings use the profile Main@L4.2 which is not supported by some older blu-ray players, tv's etc...(including mine). I usually change the profile to Main@3.1 or 4.1 using app called 'Subler' which takes only few seconds.
Thought I would let you know, there might be someone else with playback problems.

John, your encoding settings use the profile Main@L4.2 which is not supported by some older blu-ray players, tv's etc...(including mine). I usually change the profile to Main@3.1 or 4.1 using app called 'Subler' which takes only few seconds.
Thought I would let you know, there might be someone else with playback problems.
I don't do any encoding. If I can change the profile without having to re-encode it no problem, but otherwise, nope.

I don't do any encoding. If I can change the profile without having to re-encode it no problem, but otherwise, nope.

I have no clue how you create the mp4 file, but if you can change the profile below 4.2 that's great if not then no issues as it takes me only 5 sec.

This is likely HTML5 , if I watch Video Pass in chrome using flash it is fine, if I add ?forceToHtml5=1 to the url, I get that same stutter

This is likely HTML5 , if I watch Video Pass in chrome using flash it is fine, if I add ?forceToHtml5=1 to the url, I get that same stutter

Very interesting, mine is stuttering with Flash but forcing HTML5 is nice and smooth. Weird that it is reversed for us, but thanks!

I have no clue how you create the mp4 file, but if you can change the profile below 4.2 that's great if not then no issues as it takes me only 5 sec.
The .mp4 file is recorded using ffmpeg (video stream copy, audio stream copy), then it's loaded into avidemux for trimming and saving. I checked with avidemux, no way to change the profile. If I try and change it with ffmpeg it has to re-encode the file. I think I have MacOS up on a vm, i'll give Subler a go and see what the magic is.

is there a way for not so high speed people to view smoothly? the 1080 is choppy. your older 720 was mint.

you can find 720p 50fps at extratorrent site

I'm pretty sure he meant the live stream not the resolution of the videos uploaded afterward, hence, the HSI/bandwidth issue.

I'm looking to old acestream sources, I'll update when I have a lead.

Back
Top Bottom