Avoid "Extreme Motorcycle Repair" | GTAMotorcycle.com

Avoid "Extreme Motorcycle Repair"

mpirzada

This is a review for the shop called: Extreme Motorcycle Repair (2205 Kingston Rd).

I found this shop online on Kijiji and Yelp and thought I'd try him because his rates were $60/hour (much lower than most bike shops). I thought I'd save some money but I fully regret it.

I went to fix an issue with my motorcycle as it wouldn't start. I had to get it towed to him. He told me to order a starter motor and then he told me to order a stator and pick up coil... He just kept telling me to order parts.

I bought the stator and then called him and texted him repeatedly to discuss a few of my options as I didn't want to spend over $1000 that he was trying to make me do including the parts and labour. I spent 2 full days just calling, leaving voicemails, and texting him. He never got back to me. On the evening of the second day, I decided to drive over to his place. I went there and he was sitting right there holding a beer and his face completely changed when he saw me as if he just got caught red handed intentionally avoiding me.

He then tells me he won't change the parts until I get all the parts he said to buy. I was getting a bad vibe from him and already made up my mind at this point that I don't want him to do any work on my bike and I was ready to pay to have it towed out. I asked him to show me my bike. When he showed me the bike, it was left outside and it looked like it was left fully exposed as there were water marks all over the bike. It was raining heavily earlier that day and it was safe to assume that he left the bike out there the entire time! Not to mention that the bike was partially DISASSEMBLED! As I am looking at the bike, I notice a crack in the fairing around one of the screw holes. I pointed this out and said that this was not broken when I brought in the bike. Sam goes off at that point and starts yelling and saying things like “Listen to me! I did not do anything to your bike! Do not say I did anything!” I am really upset at this point but I try not to show it because he still has my bike in his possession. I told him to just reassemble the bike so I can have it towed out. He refuses to do so and says “You cannot just come here and tell me to reassemble the bike right now”. I said okay, I can wait here until it is done. He still refuses and says that he needs a full day to put it back together (even though it should have taken less than one hour to do so). The next day I called CAA to get there to help tow the bike to another shop. CAA loaded and strapped down the bike before I could get there so when I arrived it was already ready to go and I couldn’t inspect the bike thoroughly. I already saw that the plastic was damaged, but I couldn’t inspect everything. He still demanded I pay him $60 too and I didn’t want any problems at this point and was glad to get the bike away from him so I got him so I paid him.

I towed the bike to Flying Squirrel Motorcycle after reading up the good reviews and getting a good feeling after speaking to Glen on the phone. David and Glen looked at my bike while I was there and immediately noticed that there were things that were just not right. The fuel indicating display was showing that the tank was empty but there was plenty of fuel in the gas tank. Also, there were wires sticking out of the bike that looked stripped. They suspected that Sam never put the bike back together after he diagnosed it. Cables and harnesses were left disconnected and a cable was burnt as well, as if it was attempted to be boosted with a car (I have never done that to my bike). I left the bike with them with peace of mind to work on it. They spent 5 hours on the fixing my bike and all they did is put it back together and it started! Most of that time was fixing what Sam did to it. I didn’t need any new parts like Sam kept on insisting. He kept telling me to buy a starter motor, stator, and a pulse/trigger coil, which would’ve costed me almost $1000 just for the parts! Turned out I didn’t need any of those parts at all. I made a BIG mistake taking my bike to Sam at Extreme Motorcycle Repair and I highly advise everyone to stay away from him!

Sounds like a backyard mechanic who takes the "throw parts at it" method of diagnosis.

Actually figuring out what's wrong before starting to "repair" it is an important part of any mechanics skillset. Just tossing random parts at it hoping that fixes issues is profitable for the mechanic, but costly for the owner..and sometimes never actually solves the issue to begin with.

Yeah, I was quite surprised because he actually had a shop (not just fixing bikes out of his home garage) and based on his businesses name "Extreme Motorcycle Repair", you would think this should be his expertise.... clearly not.

After reading that, holy **** do yourself a ****ing favor and call Frekeguy....

jesus dont just let any schmuck touch your bike!

$60/hr and 'supply your own parts' should have been your first clue.
Real shops don't operate that way.

$60/hr and 'supply your own parts' should have been your first clue.
Real shops don't operate that way.

I often supply my own parts for some automotive repairs, there is money to be saved that way, however it's only in a scenario where I know exactly what the problem is to begin with and I just don't feel like doing the labour myself.

I do know mechanics whi have been given a vehicle with instructions to instal "X" part, gone ahead and done exactly what they were instructed, and then the owner returns and complains the problem wasn't fixed. Sometimes turns out the part the mechanic was told to replace wasn't actually the cause to begin with. Again, diagnostics – if you don't know how to do them yourself...let a pro do them instead.

I found this shop online on Kijiji and Yelp and thought I'd try him because his rates were $60/hour (much lower than most bike shops). I thought I'd save some money but I fully regret it.

I stopped reading after this paragraph

Re: Avoid "Extreme Motorcycle Repair"

Are they even still open ? A friend drove by and said its a hairdressing salon or some such.

Re: Avoid "Extreme Motorcycle Repair"

I like the wild, sleek, fast.. That's what sold me on using them exclusively from now on for all my motorcycle repair needs
I'd admit the pictures sold me. The open concept, love to know how the mechanic is molesting my bike. Kinda how Trump is grabbing pussy

sunday morning,ah i feel better !

Last edited:
The website does look pretty legit, that is part of the reason why i decided to take a chance on it.

I forgot to mention that he decided to change his rates based on difficulty of the work or his mood.

When I called Glen at the Flying Squirrel, he told me that it should be one or max two hours to replace a stator. Since I had that as a reference, when I asked Sam at extreme motorcycle repair, he said it would take him 3 hours to do the job and not only that, he said he would normally charge $280 but he can do it for me for $250... then I pointed out to him that he told me his labour rate was $60/hour and if it is a 3 hour job, that should be $180 (as I was supplying the part). He then makes up an excuse that "it is not an easy job to do" to justify his rate!

Back
Top Bottom