DJI Mavic Pro - 4K Quality Test - Beautiful Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

DJI Mavic Pro - 4K Quality Test - Beautiful Canada

Canadian Rider

DJI Mavic Pro - 4KQuality Test - Shot in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. Enjoyed using this drone,beautiful crisp sharp colours and so easy to fly. Impressed and I hope youenjoy watching as much as I enjoyed making this!

Will be doing some motorcycle tracking shots soon!
<font color="#1d2129"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman">[video=youtube;X4eCRc3YmWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4eCRc3YmWI[/video]

DJI Mavic Pro - 4KQuality Test - Shot in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. Enjoyed using this drone,beautiful crisp sharp colours and so easy to fly. Impressed and I hope youenjoy watching as much as I enjoyed making this!

Will be doing some motorcycle tracking shots soon!

thanks for the post! The mavic is in such high demand, a lot of people waiting on orders. Where did you order yours from and do you have any issues?

Ordered it from DJI directly on pre-order day 1 and just got her 3 days ago! No problems yet just getting used to the features and flying etc. Though some people have had some launch related problems but not me... yet

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Excellent footage, thanks for sharing!

Ok question though, are you not scared if it gets lost? How do you control and land it?

Excellent footage, thanks for sharing!

Ok question though, are you not scared if it gets lost? How do you control and land it?

Drone is packed will of technology so this doesn't happen!

1. It records it location by GPS and images from take off and deems this "home". If the drone for any reason loses connection, battery is about to die etc, it will go to a safe altitude, come back and land automatically. For example, your 3km out, and your battery is at 35%. Though the drone knows if it doesn't go home now with 35% based on altitude and distance it wont make it back, it will automatically come home ( you can interrupt if you don't want it to) etc.
2. obstacle avoidance features to make sure it does not crash into anything

Lots of other features as well, really incredible. I never flew a drone before and it was so easy and intuitive

Ordered it from DJI directly on pre-order day 1 and just got her 3 days ago! No problems yet just getting used to the features and flying etc. Though some people have had some launch related problems but not me... yet

Nice.Yeah I watched the announcement on release day and amazed at the indoor abilities. Did you get the 3 battery set or just the base drone? How about the DJICare? I think you need to get that before you fly the drone if you're planning on getting coverage.

There was a member here on GTAM a few years ago who used one of the early phantoms to video riders. Footage came out really good. From memory the riders were taking a turn then riding over a bridge.

Looks like there is now a delay in shipping etc. Issues and problems with the drone are documented on the DJI forum or also on MavicPilots.com
Might have to put in my order soon.

btw- if you're not aware, there are new regulations that are being proposed for next year for Canadian drones. They are talking about registration of drones over 500g in weight along with insurance requirements.

Last edited:
Nice.Yeah I watched the announcement on release day and amazed at the indoor abilities. Did you get the 3 battery set or just the base drone? How about the DJICare? I think you need to get that before you fly the drone if you're planning on getting coverage.

There was a member here on GTAM a few years ago who used one of the early phantoms to video riders. Footage came out really good. From memory the riders were taking a turn then riding over a bridge.

Looks like there is now a delay in shipping etc. Issues and problems with the drone are documented on the DJI forum or also on MavicPilots.com
Might have to put in my order soon.

I got the Fly More Combo with 3 batteries. I highly recommend the 3 batteries super convenient. Also I passed on DJI Care, but I know a lot of people are getting it.

I love this thing, going to be doing a lot of motorcycle video's and when I go to Thailand and Montreal should be quite amazing :)

Might have to get one of these once the price drops and funds allow it. Previously I was waiting to get a Phantom 3 or 4 (Vision), but having a cheaper Blade drone already, transporting the thing can be a real PITA. The new Mavic is small enough to fit in a tailbag by the looks of it, so it would be easy to take up north/wherever on the bike, then take a break from riding to take some shots/video.

One of the selling points though of the Phantom 3 and 4 was the 4km range and lagless video via lightbridge...I take it that's still the same on the Mavic?

Might have to get one of these once the price drops and funds allow it. Previously I was waiting to get a Phantom 3 or 4 (Vision), but having a cheaper Blade drone already, transporting the thing can be a real PITA. The new Mavic is small enough to fit in a tailbag by the looks of it, so it would be easy to take up north/wherever on the bike, then take a break from riding to take some shots/video.

One of the selling points though of the Phantom 3 and 4 was the 4km range and lagless video via lightbridge...I take it that's still the same on the Mavic?

Yes for sure! 7KM range with the new Ocusync technology. Incredible range.

If anyone is interested on how this drone looks when tracking on motorcycles:

[video=youtube;1AwBhC4797E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwBhC4797E[/video]

I imagine a 12 gauge loaded with some SSG shot would take the drone down.... out to about forty yards or so. Would a land owner be in trouble for this? LOL. but seriously, are there any limitations on how high a drone must remain over private property? amazing clarity, even while zooming in or out.

Last edited:
I imagine a 12 gauge loaded with some SSG shot would take the drone down.... out to about forty yards or so. Would a land owner be in trouble for this? LOL. but seriously, are there any limitations on how high a drone must remain over private property? amazing clarity, even while zooming in or out.
'
Around the Amazon warehouses with drone delivery they call that "Skeet shooting with prizes".

I was into drones and helis for a while, none of this GPS stuff though. All manual mode, self-level just feels so unnatural. I flew hard acro, and was just about to get into some FPV racing before I bought my CBR. In the states there are lots of FAA regulations with drones, some over a certain weight must be registered and labelled, stay away from all posted no-fly zones and airports (by a certain km radius), and I think the last max height reg I read about was 400' AGL.

I don't think any of these regs came to canada though. My cousin flies a custom 10 kilo coaxial octo for real estate APV and island airport patrols out in BC, and is working with a partner for a mobile defibrillator delivery service to remote areas and campgrounds. The Foo is strong with the Future.

Last edited:
These things are on the govs naughty list big time and ownership will only get more restrictive as time goes on. Not everybody love things hovering over their land.. just wait for the first landing of one of these on parliament hill... Let the real life drone wars ensue lol

To answer the private land question, not expressly illegal... yet.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/no-drone-zones.html
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/flying-drone-safely-legally.html#flying

ps You're getting dangerously close to the Neil_V no fly zone there Sonduran :p

These things are on the govs naughty list big time and ownership will only get more restrictive as time goes on. Not everybody love things hovering over their land.. just wait for the first landing of one of these on parliament hill... Let the real life drone wars ensue lol

To answer the private land question, not expressly illegal... yet.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/no-drone-zones.html
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/flying-drone-safely-legally.html#flying

ps You're getting dangerously close to the Neil_V no fly zone there Sonduran :p

Bahaha Neil we should actually go for a duo ride so we can get some beautiful shots together cruising

I was into drones and helis for a while, none of this GPS stuff though. All manual mode, self-level just feels so unnatural. I flew hard acro, and was just about to get into some FPV racing before I bought my CBR. In the states there are lots of FAA regulations with drones

I started flying RC back in the 80's, and ended with Heli's as well about 6-8 years ago just as the electric revolution was starting to takeover from glow powered engines. I wandered away from it due to lack of time mainly, but I still have my helis.

It's unfortunate that what used to be a unique and respected hobby has been marred so badly by what basically amounts to idiots. It used to take a lot of mentoring and learned skills to fly RC - people had a join a club, get MAAC (Model Aeronautics Associationi of Canada) insurance coverage, and then work with a certified instructor - I was one. Some people learned quick and were flying alone within a month, some people took years...but ALL learned about the safety aspect including where not to fly, and how to stay the hell away from aircraft - our field had a rule that if there was an airplane in sight within a few miles of the field all planes had to either land, or fly 50 or so feet off the deck in a holding pattern until they passed.

Now the problem is that these things basically fly themselves - tell it where you want it to go, how high you want it to fly, and punch the "Go" button. Zero skill required, and unfortunately, not everyone is using their brains along the way...or simply don't care - the ******* factor.

And here we are years later, looking down the barrel of heavy regulation which people will now decry despite the fact many brought it upon themselves. Trust me, nobody cared about the hobby for 5 or 6 decades, but idiocy has cast the spotlight on it now.

Back
Top Bottom