Motorcycle Insurance for Young Beginners [20] | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Insurance for Young Beginners [20]

Every company assesses risk in a different way so it's hard to say what they would prefer.. Call them and ask for quotes and post up what you get..I am curious haha

Also I'm with riders plus and I think they told me they don't touch supersport.. Aviva will rate you as a 3 star rider if you've done an msf course I believe..which is good for you haha and I believe dalton underwrites for aviva and I don't think you can be insured by Allstate.. I forget what the restrictions are but I think you have to be over 30

I'l definitely let you guys know what quotes I receive its the least I can do for all the help I'm receiving.

Yea man I found this post from the guy you were going to email

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/archive/index.php/t-194945.html

"If you are looking for a quote our guidelines state that you have to be over 30 have an M license for 4 years and proof of continuous insurance for the past 3 years, and clean record.

SS Bikes: Anything classified as a Sport bike will require that you bring across a home or an auto line. If you are 30 years old and have an M for 4 years and have at least 3 years of continuous MC insurance we can now give a 30% Elite rider discount for 600cc bikes."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like a better option once I get older.

Although it will be expensive, Aviva will be competitive on the R6 for a new rider as long as you do not have 2 or more convictions on your record.

Also, due to the fact you have completed the motorcycle training course, you get rated as a "3 star" rider (the equivalent of someone who has been riding for 3 years).

Contact me if you would like to obtain a quote through them.

My record is absolutely clean, and there we go I was wondering if I misheard the instructors say MSF gave 3 years of experience. I'll send you a private message with more information, thanks.

Ah makes sense. Best of luck!

Thank You! Lol when I was really young I wanted a Ducati but, well no need to explain that one ahaha.

I was wondering if I misheard the instructors say MSF gave 3 years of experience..

I don't think this is universal amongst all insurers, possibly just an Aviva thing.

I know several brokers/underwriters for example offered me zero credit whatsoever for even having completed the course when I took it. TD was one of them IIRC.

I don't think this is universal amongst all insurers, possibly just an Aviva thing.

I know several brokers/underwriters for example offered me zero credit whatsoever for even having completed the course when I took it. TD was one of them IIRC.

absolutely not a universal thing.

Hello,

I'm 20 years old, just recently passed my M2 through learning curves in Markham so I have the MSF Certificate but all together I've done M1-M2 in a the span of 2 weeks. I have never been insured on a motorcycle but do own a car with a full G license and a super clean record with no tickets. I'm looking to buy a R6 soon for next season, but I'm hesitant on going through with it because of the insurance cost.

I've been told to try riders plus, Aviva, dalton timmies and state farm so far. I've heard since I live in Scarborough insurance rates are pretty garbage, especially since I'm young.

Do you guys have any recommendations for new young riders? And yes, I'm pretty firm on getting a 600cc particularly the 07' Yamaha R6.

So not only are you going to pay out of your *** for insurance, you're going to have massive chicken strips for life, get raped by Ninja 250s in the corners, and never learn to ride properly?

The rest of you guys are way too nice lol

Any updates on quotes for an r6 yet? I was planning on getting an 2017 R6 ABS or the ZX6R with ABS next year. I got quoted 3k for an 2016 Ninja 300 ABS.

The amount of fun you'll have between an R3 and an R6 will be minimal. This is coming from someone who has a supersport on the street and races a Ninja 250.

Save the money (and your life). Get a small bike and learn how to go fast on that. Safer, way more fun, looks just as cool, and when you have more skills than some schlep on a supersport, you'll be the man.

Also, when you eventually write off your R6, you'll be screwing the rates even higher for the rest of us haha

Back
Top Bottom