Gas tank dent removal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas tank dent removal

mistersouthpaw

whats the best method for pulling a golf ball sized tank dent before painting without welding? Anyone tried ding king? Lol

Dent removal**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gas tank sent removal

not sure if they can just 'pull' it out. It may require one of those hook tool things going in through the filler hole and then massaging it out. When I repainted the Ninja gas tank I also had a small similar sized dent from the bar end, I just ended up using bondo and then painting it over. It was a lot cheaper and you can't tell at all.

Gas tank sent removal

I don't know if I can bondo over it.. I think it's a bit too big for that

Last edited:

You don't have to ride your bike on a golf course.
They'll rent you a cart. :)

ive had good success with the canadian tire , paintless dent removal tool which is essentially a glue gun and plastic rods you glue in the dent then pull out, it was a $39.00 kit and works 95%. I own a variety of long reach pry bars with ball ends for prying out dents from inside the filler neck, but do not pry against the filler neck, you'll get new problems to fix.

My original trade was auto body, work slowly and think it through. The less Bondo the better.

My bike has a dent in the tank from a po. I think of it as a battle scar.

I wonder if they can do that paintless dent removal on a tank. Guy at work just had them fix up his Compass on site, did a pretty good job. I'll find out their info.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Last edited:

Haha after I took the decal that was hiding the dent I realized it isn't that bad and I'm just gonna bondo over it.. I saw the Canadian tire kit though too

try some of the Youtube tricks.
heat up the tank with hair dryer (or heat gun but be very careful, keep it back and on low) then try pulling it out or use some kind of vaccum to pull it out

some heat it up, use can of cold air UPSIDE down and spray it to freeze it then heat it up...cause the metal to pop back out (check Youtube)

My bike has a dent in the tank from a po. I think of it as a battle scar.

I wonder if they can do that paintless dent removal on a tank. Guy at work just had them fix up his Compass on site, did a pretty good job. I'll find out their info.

You ride a shadow/phantom if i recall yeah?

try some of the Youtube tricks.
heat up the tank with hair dryer (or heat gun but be very careful, keep it back and on low) then try pulling it out or use some kind of vaccum to pull it out

some heat it up, use can of cold air UPSIDE down and spray it to freeze it then heat it up...cause the metal to pop back out (check Youtube)

meh or just give frekeguy a call, cheaper, and probably better in the long run

@bigpoppa yup Shadow 750 ACE

@bigpoppa yup Shadow 750 ACE

2010+? or older(Fi Or carb?)

Fill with water, seal and freeze. Apparently that works too.
Good thinking. Haven't thought of that

Back
Top Bottom