2017 Track Days? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Track Days?

GBM's lapping dates (besides the Fridays before SOAR) will be posted shortly. Similar to last year we will have one Tuesday(full day) per month and one Thurs evening (5-9pm) per month (except June which has 2). Preseason packages will be available at the Motorcycle show (thru Drew & Sunny) plus by calling the track. Additional dates may be added if circumstances allow.

Awesome! look forward to doing these again this year, they were a great time last year

GBM's lapping dates (besides the Fridays before SOAR) will be posted shortly. Similar to last year we will have one Tuesday(full day) per month and one Thurs evening (5-9pm) per month (except June which has 2). Preseason packages will be available at the Motorcycle show (thru Drew & Sunny) plus by calling the track. Additional dates may be added if circumstances allow.

ugggghhhh... track season is so far away...

At least today is now officially winter so that means spring is closer now right? ...right? ...hello? : (

What a crew! haha. I had similar questions a couple years ago before starting last year and they all helped me a ton.

Shannonville has their 2017 motorcycle lapping days up on their web site. May 2, 12, 19. June 5, 16, 25. July 4, 14, 27. Aug 7, 18, 29. Sept 8, 22, 30.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Riders Choice Track Days are now posted on their updated webpage. May 4, 18 at Shannonville, June 8, 22 at Shannonville, July 6, 20 at Shannonville, Aug 10, 17 at CTMP, and Aug 31 at Shannonville, Sept. 14, 28 at Shannonville

What is the new site? Old one isn't working.

It's returning an http 500 error. Server must have gone down and it's a holiday so there's likely no one on call to fix it.
The URL is the same and the site was updated yesterday, but it was very slow loading and responding.

Last edited:
Happy New Year GTA Motorcycle.

Sorry for the confusion, Riders Choice webpage hasn’t changed, they’ve just updated their webpage; the webpage has a new look, it’s more sophisticated, more modern, more user interaction.

Grand Bend Raceway posted their lapping dates at the show, they are doing the Two Wheel Tuesdays and Thursday night lapping again for 2017:

Day Lapping*:
---------------
Tuesday, May.30 (9-5)
Thursday, June.8 (9-5, yes it is a Thursday)
Tuesday, June.13 (9-5)
Tuesday, July.11 (9-5)
Tuesday, Aug.29 (9-5)
Tuesday, Sept.12 (9-5)

Pricing: $130 (HST inc.) in advance, +$25 extra at the gate, if spots available

Evening Lapping:
---------------
Thursday, May.18 (5-dusk)
Thursday, June.29 (5-dusk)
Thursday, July.27 (5-dusk)
Thursday, Aug.17 (5-dusk)
Thursday, Sept.21 (5-dusk)

Pricing: $75 (HST inc.) in advance, +$25 extra at the gate, if spots available

Pre-season specials (Expires Jan.31, 2017)
----------------------------------------------
1 x Evening lapping vouchers - $60 + HST
3 x Evening lapping vouchers - $170 + HST

1 x Full day lapping vouchers - $100 + HST
3 x Full day lapping vouchers - $270 + HST

*You can also use a full day credit for the SOAR friday practice (which runs yellow + red groups only) this year by paying the regular price difference

email: pspriet@sprietinvestments.com to purchase

For those that haven't been to the Grand Bend lapping days, they are a lot of fun :) See you out there!

Pro6 also has a neat new program this year.
Sign up for a 2 day school at Calabogie, and they will throw in a 3rd day there for free.

From what I understand, the school will be a full day on track, half day on theory (suspension tuning, etc included), half day on track.

The price is about the same as 3 regular track days at Calabogie. So, it seems like a winning combination to me. Now if only it wasn't a 6.5 hour drive for me to get there... sigh...

I signed up for the Pro 6 TRAC School after talking to them at the booth. The only hesitation I had was May 20-21 was the 2 days of the course and weather can be interesting still in May, see the first round of RACE last year. They implied at the show that the free day (any of their Monday's) was if you purchased the 2 days course at the show. That said, it's in their 'Retail pricing' section on their trackday schedule which would imply otherwise. So before singing up might want to confirm. They stated you could also do 1 day which would be 1/2 theory and 1/2 track (no free day added).

Payam who was at Z1 did a bunch of the theory material from talking to him there and he specifically mentioned including ideas about suspension and the effects of suspension etc. There will be a small 'drills' component to it but mostly it sounded like the track time will be both how to generically go faster (everywhere) and specifically how to ride Calabogie.

I drove 3 hours to ride Grand Bend so I figure I can do 4 hours to Calabogie .... though I will sleep over before Calabogie.

Jeff

Pro6 also has a neat new program this year.
Sign up for a 2 day school at Calabogie, and they will throw in a 3rd day there for free.

From what I understand, the school will be a full day on track, half day on theory (suspension tuning, etc included), half day on track.

The price is about the same as 3 regular track days at Calabogie. So, it seems like a winning combination to me. Now if only it wasn't a 6.5 hour drive for me to get there... sigh...

I signed up for the Pro 6 TRAC School after talking to them at the booth. The only hesitation I had was May 20-21 was the 2 days of the course and weather can be interesting still in May, see the first round of RACE last year. They implied at the show that the free day (any of their Monday's) was if you purchased the 2 days course at the show. That said, it's in their 'Retail pricing' section on their trackday schedule which would imply otherwise. So before singing up might want to confirm. They stated you could also do 1 day which would be 1/2 theory and 1/2 track (no free day added).

Payam who was at Z1 did a bunch of the theory material from talking to him there and he specifically mentioned including ideas about suspension and the effects of suspension etc. There will be a small 'drills' component to it but mostly it sounded like the track time will be both how to generically go faster (everywhere) and specifically how to ride Calabogie.

I drove 3 hours to ride Grand Bend so I figure I can do 4 hours to Calabogie .... though I will sleep over before Calabogie.

Jeff

I'll be there May 20-21 instructing. Should be a good weekend ;)

I'll be there May 20-21 instructing. Should be a good weekend ;)

Well... the value just went down... Just kidding :p

It really sounds like a fantastic deal. It's essentially free training, and for people who have never been to Calabogie it's a great way to learn a track that can be difficult to learn on your own.

Just a reminder that the GBM deal ends soon, good deal for lapping days if you haven't already picked some up

Grand Bend Raceway posted their lapping dates at the show, they are doing the Two Wheel Tuesdays and Thursday night lapping again for 2017:

Day Lapping*:
---------------
Tuesday, May.30 (9-5)
Thursday, June.8 (9-5, yes it is a Thursday)
Tuesday, June.13 (9-5)
Tuesday, July.11 (9-5)
Tuesday, Aug.29 (9-5)
Tuesday, Sept.12 (9-5)

Pricing: $130 (HST inc.) in advance, +$25 extra at the gate, if spots available

Evening Lapping:
---------------
Thursday, May.18 (5-dusk)
Thursday, June.29 (5-dusk)
Thursday, July.27 (5-dusk)
Thursday, Aug.17 (5-dusk)
Thursday, Sept.21 (5-dusk)

Pricing: $75 (HST inc.) in advance, +$25 extra at the gate, if spots available

Pre-season specials (Expires Jan.31, 2017)
----------------------------------------------
1 x Evening lapping vouchers - $60 + HST
3 x Evening lapping vouchers - $170 + HST

1 x Full day lapping vouchers - $100 + HST
3 x Full day lapping vouchers - $270 + HST

*You can also use a full day credit for the SOAR friday practice (which runs yellow + red groups only) this year by paying the regular price difference

email: pspriet@sprietinvestments.com to purchase

For those that haven't been to the Grand Bend lapping days, they are a lot of fun :) See you out there!

First year hitting up track days, picked my bike up late last season. I have pre booked 4 full days and 2 half days at GB since it's so close to me. Can't wait to see a bunch of you out there and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom