My brother from another mother | GTAMotorcycle.com

My brother from another mother

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Hi all,

Keith passed away suddenly on Halloween night. This is a big loss for his family, friends and the moto community.
For the last few years, he worked out of his garage which had a complete and dedicated bike shop, where he worked on all kinds of bikes, but none more than our V-Stroms. I know that he breathed new life into my bike on those many occasions I abused it and he would never let it leave his place without making sure it was a safe bike for me or my wife to be on.

Before that, he was the head mechanic of Hillcrest Suzuki and before that Cycle World. Many current mechanics either apprenticed under or worked with him. He built race bikes for Suzuki and Honda, loved BMW's and also taught physics at Georgian College.
For years (and still) he raced and tech'd superbikes in the island circuit and routinely won, while having the grace to know that the locals needed to win races to give the home crowds something to cheer about.

Before coming to Canada, he was an engineer for Honda Japan for about 10 years. He would be tasked with testing out the newest sport bikes on the track to give feedback to the design engineers before letting the bikes go to mass production. And before that he was in the British Navy. And before that....

He leaves behind many children and grandchildren and an amazing wife. He knew he had a very blessed life.
Above all, he was a really good person and most definitely my brother from another mother. You will be missed.
Keith%20-%20in%20Keith%27s%20garage.jpg

Shane%20and%20Keith%20-%20in%20Keith%27s%20garage.jpg

You had mentioned you did his garden, and he did your bike.

Sorry to hear that Keith passed away.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great friend to have.

My condolences Shane.
Rest In Peace Keith

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Those are nice pics. Good to capture people doing what they love.

My condolences.

Thanks.
And yeah, for the last 8 years I took care of his garden and he took care of my bikes. Very good guy he was.

I recall you mentioning you bartered with each other.
Sorry for your loss Shane and condolences to his family and loved ones.

So sorry for your loss, Shane.

Rip Keith... Great guy. :-(

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom