What are the odds? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are the odds?

micelli.i

I'm going based solely on what I read on the news, here. It seems the person in the Hyundai was rear-ended by the Honda, and then the Hyundai hit the VW. In the process, a couple of teens were hurt. The Hyundai person was charged with over eighty.

It makes you wonder: what are the odds that the day a person decides to drink & drive, is also the day the same person gets into an accident without any fault of their own. Yiesh...

I'm going based solely on what I read on the news, here. It seems the person in the Hyundai was rear-ended by the Honda, and then the Hyundai hit the VW. In the process, a couple of teens were hurt. The Hyundai person was charged with over eighty.

It makes you wonder: what are the odds that the day a person decides to drink & drive, is also the day the same person gets into an accident without any fault of their own. Yiesh...

The Honda was obviously mostly at fault, but that doesn't necessarily mean the drunk Hyundai was completely faultless. They could have made an unexpected manoeuvre, been straddling lanes or been going at an unexpected speed. Without cameras, it would be hard for police to lay charges for most of those scenarios.

If the impaired driver hadn't decided to drink and drive the Hyundai wouldn't have been there and there would have been more distance to stop before hitting the VW :cool:

Had he been sober maybe he would of seen the impending doom and do an evasive manoeuvre?

Had he been sober maybe he would of seen the impending doom and do an evasive manoeuvre?

Had he been more impaired, he'd likely run the red light, thus not getting rear ended.

Can we desist with the what ifs or could have beens or should have beens.
The facts are right there in the story.
Even if the one driver was totally faultless so far as the accident was concerned, he was still over the limit.
He should not have been behind the wheel.

Can we desist with the what ifs or could have beens or should have beens.
The facts are right there in the story.
Even if the one driver was totally faultless so far as the accident was concerned, he was still over the limit.
He should not have been behind the wheel.

Exactly. The Hyundai driver was only charged with DUI as would have happened however he was detected as impaired.

I have attended a few MVA's Where one of the drivers was not consider to be at fault, but was arrested for over 80 mg. So the odds are higher than one would think.

There's a common joke I've heard which goes, "Don't drink and drive. Someone might crash into you and it'll be considered your fault."

Misconception in the first post. "The day a person decides to have a drink and drive". Motorcycle people that decide to drive after having a drink have a history of doing just that. They do it all the time, just haven't been caught yet.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

He was breaking the law, the way he was caught have nothing to do with it

What bothers me around Christmas, beginning around Nov., is the incredible amount of ads I see encouraging people to drink - on buses, subway, bus stops, malls, newspapers, etc. They're usually accompanied by a small print message "drink responsibly".

Last year, to spite the booze industry, I decided to cut off any alcohol for about a month, starting from the end of Nov. through most of Dec. This year I want to double-down from mid-Nov. through mid-Jan. It's definitely doable.

The only downside to not drinking booze (or doing any drugs) that I can think of is seeing how people change when they drink, whenever I go to parties. It's like entering a bizarre world, where ppl act so strange, both men and women. If you decide to kick the booze for 1-2 months, do urself a favour and don't tell anyone when hanging out with others, or else you will get a lot of weird looks.

If you want a real eye opener, ride around with a cop on a typical Friday or Saturday night..lol I am far from a tea tottler, but just as circumstances change so has my level of consumption, (I have had one beer since last Oct, not a conscious choice, just how things have developed). But I can tell you stories of how differently people act when they have consumed, (and not necessarily to excess either), as opposed to how they act without any "enhancement"..lol

I have, (likely from my patrol days), VERY little patience for someone who is wasted and "wants to be my friend suddenly"...lol

What bothers me around Christmas, beginning around Nov., is the incredible amount of ads I see encouraging people to drink - on buses, subway, bus stops, malls, newspapers, etc. They're usually accompanied by a small print message "drink responsibly".

Last year, to spite the booze industry, I decided to cut off any alcohol for about a month, starting from the end of Nov. through most of Dec. This year I want to double-down from mid-Nov. through mid-Jan. It's definitely doable.

The only downside to not drinking booze (or doing any drugs) that I can think of is seeing how people change when they drink, whenever I go to parties. It's like entering a bizarre world, where ppl act so strange, both men and women. If you decide to kick the booze for 1-2 months, do urself a favour and don't tell anyone when hanging out with others, or else you will get a lot of weird looks.

If you want a real eye opener, ride around with a cop on a typical Friday or Saturday night..lol I am far from a tea tottler, but just as circumstances change so has my level of consumption, (I have had one beer since last Oct, not a conscious choice, just how things have developed). But I can tell you stories of how differently people act when they have consumed, (and not necessarily to excess either), as opposed to how they act without any "enhancement"..lol

I have, (likely from my patrol days), VERY little patience for someone who is wasted and "wants to be my friend suddenly"...lol
Hey bud , how you doing?

#hiccup#

ride was out the other day just north east of hurontario/401 area ~ noon pursuit car good to go

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom