Abs | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Abs

Better Brakers, better accelerators, better going straigters, better leaners, better crashers, better at everything lol

and yes I know those are not real words

that was incredible, what a huge difference between the guy who was a pro racer, vs the rest....

I knew pros are faster, didnt know they were also better brakers somehow...

I guess they're pros for a reason

Better Brakers, better accelerators, better going straigters, better leaners, better crashers, better at everything lol

and yes I know those are not real words

Can't ride on the road though, that's hard.

Top riders are also the best of the best for the task, physically and mentally, condensed out of the general racing population by decades of training and competition. Also, bleeding edge tech and multimillion dollar team budgets, all focussed on the champion's podium. The occasional parking lot drill or dodging a minivan in Mississauga on a beat up cruiser is not a substitute. I think Rossi's heart rate flying around the track at 300 km/h is lower than most people typing in this thread.

[video=youtube;3HXqZh5oTK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXqZh5oTK0[/video]

many comments on the utube site, old vs new blah blah, including
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXqZh5oTK0

keep dreaming dozezer even the greatest superbike racer of the time Carl Fogerty struggled on these machines,Rossi has been quoted as saying these where the hardest bikes to ride 100% and only a handful of riders could push them 100% compared with todays gp bikes....watch the 89 australian gp which was typical of the 500 era and by the way those 500cc 2t bikes are what made these guys legends and i would rather see if this era of riders could handle those awsome machines 

Last edited:
[video=youtube;GC-8Mwp-rTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-8Mwp-rTc[/video]

I guess he's contrasting with all the ABS-equipped MotoGP bikes of today

wait

not to mention, abs is for babies lol

5 pages later, you have still yet to prove that any road user can stop better without abs.

Every braking reference you've mentioned in all the abs related threads were performed in controlled environments with ideal road conditions. With the exception of yourself being able to out-brake an abs yourself (with no proof).

Last edited:
Cool but what does that have to do with...anything?

Some people like the idea of a high post count, even if they happen to be riddled with non-sequiturs. It's sort of like a collection of Molson Export bottle-caps that are bent and rusty. Sure they're all unique, but...

All the folks that dismiss abs and say they can modulate and stop better never had that oh crap moment when they grabbed a handful of brake lever or stomped on the brake pedal and dealt with a rodeo bronco and met the pavement.

Especially in the wet or sand covered roads. Or when it's patches of dry wet etc.

Trying to bring the machine down to a halt, steer from danger and not lock up a wheel or two is asking a lot from your brain when your avoiding death.

But some have the nerves of Rossi and can do it in the moment .

The mortals simply have to depend on abs.

I know. My bikes don't come equipped. Maybe one day I'll own a modern motorcycle.

I'm just too cheap.

But it I Did, it would have abs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You don't even do anything on modern race bikes, you just sit there and they go fast. That's why everyone's so fast nowadays, no skill/talent needed.

People say the same thing about horses - you just sit there, the horse does all the work.

That first real lesson (not just a poke along sack-of-potatoes trail ride) sure is a wakeup call for people.

You don't even do anything on modern race bikes, you just sit there and they go fast. That's why everyone's so fast nowadays, no skill/talent needed.

Hahahaha

Still comparing street riding vs track riding....?

"Electronics making races boring...?" So now we're racing on the streets?

Try taking a step back into reality with real world applications rather than trying to compare street riding vs racing on the track 20 years ago.

For someone that seems like they haven't ever set their eyes on a track, you sure are referring to a lot of old track videos.

never had any use for abs myself, too bad it can't be turned off on new cars he he

traction control too, mostly new fluff rammed down your throat, for the good of all

Just take the fuse out that routes to your abs.

Last edited:
Traction control is awesome, just sayin. And stability control saves all sorts of carnage/screw ups/delays on our roads on a daily basis, especially every time there's more than 5 flakes of snow on our roads.

Keep the ABS argument separate at least. There's pluses and negatives to that at least, but it's hard to find many negatives about stability and traction control systems.

Back
Top Bottom