Full Face Helmet | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full Face Helmet

Avoid the helmets with all kinds of vents and fancy BS sticking out.

Very true and quiet is nice until your brain is hard boiled on a hot summer day. You should be wearing earplugs no matter what helmet and then a bit of extra wind noise is a small trade off for comfort.

Yeah, have to agree on that. I remember my helmets from when I rode in the 90's...no vents, no airflow...sweaty, hot, and after a few weeks...stinky.

The vents on our Bell's are great and do apparently work despite not "feeling" any airflow...but black helmets, used them all summer long and never once sweated in them...and accordingly, they don't stink. Yes, the liners are removable and washable, but that's a PITA I'm happy to be able to avoid.

And yes, I do wear earplugs when riding any distance/speed. When riding with a group I do somewhat dislike it as it's hard to talk to others during a quick stop somewhere without taking the helmet off and pulling them out, but it's a small price to pay.

Whenever I do wear my half helmet I always have them in.

what helmet best fits those with large pointed heads..

images

I don't chime in very often, but since the OP was mentioning multi day touring, I can say I'm incredibly impressed with the helmet I got at the April bike show, a Scorpion EXO-R2000. I had a Shoei TZ-R for many years that was comfortable - for me - out of the box, and I was having a hard time finding anything more affordable that was just as much a perfect fit. The TZ-R was easy to fog up and needed to be cracked open to air out in the rain, other wise a very good choice that pretty much spoiled me.

The EXO-R2000 features I like when it comes to 12 hour plus days include the amount of fresh air, the large eye port and the 2 fog resistant shields it comes with (tinted and clear). On my Cape Breton trip, I rode one end of New Brunswick to the other in constant heavy rain in August and no fogging, no leaks, no chilly spots.
In general, high quality finish and materials, composite shell, sweet bags for helmet and for shield, accepts my Sena base clamp mount.
The vendor was Speedworx. They are in Markham. Last April at the show this was under $400, tax in. You've got all off season to wait out for a good deal for whatever lid you decide on.

They aren't cheap, but my next helmet will be a Schuberth (provided they fit my head!). I want my next helmet to be as quiet as possible and Schuberth make the quietest helmets on the market. The S2 is their most quiet full faced helmet but the C3 is their quietest helmet and it is modular! That is surprising but it has something to do with the neck roll/chin padding. Either way, both have excellent ratchet straps and anti-roll off harness inside to make sure the helmet stays on your head in the event of the worst case happening. Both also have the built in sun visors and very good ventilation.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that you get what you pay for with a helmet. Unless of course the price is jacked because it has some fancy paint scheme.

I purchase a Nitek Helmet from a Shop in Toronto and it was awesome!

Paid Under $300 Canadian on sale. Was about $500 US last time I seen it else where!

awesome helmet!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• nitek-full.jpg
    nitek-full.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 56
Those Niteks are sick! I got one about a year ago, paid about $600 for mine, but since I seen it on sale at $299 from Daytona Motor Sport in Toronto.

very quiet and comfortable helmet. clean looking and light! Love Mine!

I got this one,
nitek_helmets_p1_dimension_black.jpg

I purchase a Nitek Helmet from a Shop in Toronto and it was awesome!

Paid Under $300 Canadian on sale. Was about $500 US last time I seen it else where!

awesome helmet!!

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom