Who's still riding? (Fall 2016 / Winter 2017 edition) | Page 45 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2016 / Winter 2017 edition)

It's beautiful out! +3 and sun is shining here in Port Perry. Not sure which direction I'm heading but leaving shortly.

..Tom

If you find yourself down in the Bowmanville area let me know and I'll buy coffee. I'm going out for a scoot myself in a bit.

Hoist a flat white for me ....off dodging thunderstorms to Skybury ...my down under Forks replacement. Not many riders tho unless I bring one along :D

skybury-cafe-views-19622_640x427.jpg

I did indeed get out for a bit, was nice to finally get that shakedown ride on the bike after having everything apart for the new rear tire, brakes, suspension work, etc. Bike rode nice, a weird feeling in the back end was gone with the new shock bushings and I had notably better traction with the new rear tire. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The new brake pads will take some time to seat to the rotors though, I noticed braking power wasn't 100% right out of the gate, but I expected that.

I stopped to check things out...and suddenly realized I didn't have my cellphone in my inside pocket where I usually put it. Panic ensued as I thought I had left it sitting on my passenger seat (or one of my saddlebags) and had dumped it on the side of the road somewhere - I have nearly rode off with it in either place before. Thankfully when I got home it was sitting on the seat of my wifes bike where I had left it. *whew*

Anyhow, I was cool at that point so parked it again.

m in brampton, sunny still. Shows toronto to be gloomy on weather app

I'm up in Bancroft now stopped for a coffee. It's been +5 or +6 almost all the way (feels almost balmy out).

507 in pretty good shape with the bottom half having salt dust off the tire tracks and the North half having a bit of sand but still fine on the car tracks. Very few spots with and melt water on the road.

503 though Wilberforce out to Elephant Lake Road has more wet spots and a bit more sand but not bad. Elephant lake road has more sand and Peterson Road has lots of sand and frost heaves close to Peterson.

Been a nice ride so far... haven't seen any other bikes though.

..Tom

Too cold for me to go on a long, fast ride. Still got out for around a hour, though. Rode to my new wheelie spot that I've been eyeing up all winter to get some practice in.

If you find yourself down in the Bowmanville area let me know and I'll buy coffee. I'm going out for a scoot myself in a bit.

Sorry went the other direction. I'm sure we'll meet up sooner or later!

(Just go home... a bit over 400 km.)

..Tom

Barely resisted the temptation today. The laziness of not wanting to wash the bike overruled wanting to fit a ride in.

Tomorrow is looking great.

Stuck at work.

Grrr.

Tomorrow is not Winter 2017. Put a fork in it already.

Tomorrow is not Winter 2017. Put a fork in it already.

Valid point, I guess we need a "ZOMG WHO DID THEIR FIRST RIDE OF 2017?!!!1!!" thread then.

Thought this thread was put to bed.

hmmm...what's the best way to summer prep a winter thread???? What maintenance should be done before and do you need to put it on stands?

Thought this thread was put to bed.

hmmm...what's the best way to summer prep a winter thread???? What maintenance should be done before and do you need to put it on stands?

If I ride my bike today, but don't ride again for a couple weeks, do I have to rewinterize my bike?

Went out for my first ride of the year today. Bike hasn't ran since early November. It has 5 month old gas in the tank. I put the battery in and pulled out the rag stuffed in my muffler and turned on the bike, and it started in literally a second. Not even a shudder or anything, runs as if it ran yesterday. Gotta love Suzuki.

Well happy to say, today was my first ride of this season.......

A bit this cold this morning, traffic was a mess, cop on my behind for most of the ride, but the handle bar warmers gave some relief....

The ride home should be better, as it's supposed to be warmer this afternoon....

Ohhh ya, bike was stored with only a half tank of gas, connected the battery tender, tossed on the cover, and this morning was her first wake up since putting her away last year....

Ran like a champ......

Back
Top Bottom