Intermittent Power Loss | GTAMotorcycle.com

Intermittent Power Loss

ABCarr

Site Supporter
2011 Suzuki GSX-R750......the issue only "seems" to happen in gears 4-6, though there is no logic behind this. I rarely ride 400-series or QEW, so my usual top gear is 3rd, occasionally 4th. While cruising along in the upper gears recently, I've experienced a cyclical power loss at steady throttle opening....normal power->low power (can't maintain speed)->normal power. It's a rather dramatic loss of power....then the power kicks back in quite suddenly. Any thoughts?

Have you taken your bike apart recently? If you forgot to reconnect the vacuum hoses or sensors that could play a part

Nope. Had the airbox off last year to replace plugs, but it seemed fine after that.

Shell 91 at all times. Bike is not rideable at the moment due to a crash in the summer....will take $1200-1500 in parts to put it right. Think I'll just clean it up as best I can and put it away for the winter.

2011 Suzuki GSX-R750......the issue only "seems" to happen in gears 4-6, though there is no logic behind this. I rarely ride 400-series or QEW, so my usual top gear is 3rd, occasionally 4th. While cruising along in the upper gears recently, I've experienced a cyclical power loss at steady throttle opening....normal power->low power (can't maintain speed)->normal power. It's a rather dramatic loss of power....then the power kicks back in quite suddenly. Any thoughts?

It's your oxygen sensors that are cracked. There are Three of them. You'll have to get them all replaced. Had same problem on my 2010 Gixxer 750. I'll never buy Suzuki again because of this mechanical issue.

It's your oxygen sensors that are cracked. There are Three of them. You'll have to get them all replaced. Had same problem on my 2010 Gixxer 750. I'll never buy Suzuki again because of this mechanical issue.
Aren't O2 sensors consumable items? They wear out, whether it be car or bike. It's a 6yr old bike. Not even hard to replace

Aren't O2 sensors consumable items? They wear out, whether it be car or bike. It's a 6yr old bike. Not even hard to replace

Mine were over tightened from the factory. Had to fight dealer rep in order to get it fixed under warranty. Besides TPS would throw a code on the instrument cluster.

Back
Top Bottom