Simcoe county forest or Ganny? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Simcoe county forest or Ganny?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the northumberland forest. Tons of trails.. never a dull moment.

It's pretty far for me, so I've never been. It looks to be an extra 40 minutes or so of driving compared to Ganny. Is it worth the 3 hour+ drive?

I haven't found any tracts in Simcoe that I would consider are as good as the Ganny. Is there any decent Hills or up and down terrain in any of the Simcoe tracts?

Also Simcoe benefits from Blue plated machines much more than the Ganny does.

I don't think you will find many steep decent size hills in Simcoe area. I am guessing, because I have not been there yet, Horshoe tract will have some for sure. But not everyone is after hills, I like them to mix it up, but don't really must have them all day long ...

I agree with the blue plate ... I don't see why you would want one for Ganny.

I agree with the blue plate ... I don't see why you would want one for Ganny.

The only time at Ganny that I was happy to have a blue plate was when we got way down to the south side of the woods where there are bits and pieces of private land. We wanted to quickly get to the forest centre, so we took a road. That and running from thunderstorms... not really needed.

It's pretty far for me, so I've never been. It looks to be an extra 40 minutes or so of driving compared to Ganny. Is it worth the 3 hour+ drive?

It's more like 15-20min (. I don't have any Ganny experience but I've done 20yrs in Northumberland when younger and it has some really great varied terrain. I'll have a bike for next season if you want someone to show you around.

If you are looking for something different I would say yes it is worth the drive... I have ridden northumberland forest a few yrs and really like it.. every time we go we find new trails. There is a single track section in the east side by the mostly dual track withe a mix of terrain. It's NOT busy and not hard to do 100km in a day. Great place to ride if u ask me and I don't have to trailer the bikes.. I ride in from the rice lake area....trailer permits are under $100 for the season.. Trails are open may 15 until October 30. It's not as big as the ganny but fun nevertheless.

Sounds like a great place to ride ... I might give it a try next year, even though it's a bit longer drive.

We just rode Ganny again today, and it's just so good, varied and huge. I haven't ridden much of SCORRA but so far Ganny wins for me. I'd like to check out Horseshoe though, it's supposed to be really good.

**looking for the lost invite on the inbox**

lol

looks like another nice weekend for riding in the dirt
staying closer to home and riding the roads
switching wheels back to road wheels
have a great, fun and safe time if you and others are heading into the woods

Back
Top Bottom