Aluminum Sleeve | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aluminum Sleeve

j2

Not sure where to post this but feel free to move.

I've started on a father and son winter project and the bike came with a Wolf Exhaust (Gary Wolf from Guelph) that was supposed to be a decent pipe back in the day. Its in great shape but something has fallen against the can crushing the outside. The baffle is perfect.

I would like to reuse it and was wondering if there were any stores around the GTA that sold 3" Aluminium Sleeve.

I have bent and riveted Aluminum Sheet with sealer along the seem in the past; but the baffle, inlet and outlet are all one piece so i need to slide the outlet down through the tube and it would catch on the rivets

TIA

I don't know how well it would hold up (probably poorly), but HD sells 3" aluminum duct.

I guess you can't remove the sleeve & straighten it from the insides

Could your pressurize the existing can (I am not sure what pressure you want, probably <10 psi) and tap around the dent to pop it out?

Your best bet (without seeing what you are doing) is probably to have a sleeve properly fabricated and TIG welded along the seam. Mark where pilot holes for any rivets or bolts will be to secure it to the inside parts.

I guess you can't remove the sleeve & straighten it from the insides

I've been trying but there is a real good kink in the metal. I cent even get enough of a gap at the between the inlet and Can that I could get a metal bar in and try to work it out, at least enough to allow be to push the baffle and ends through

Scott in Cambridge should have 3" aluminum air cylinder barrel I can look and see if I have some at work next week if you pm me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom