SkunkLock | GTAMotorcycle.com

SkunkLock

Needs to be one of those dye packs they use in banks.

"SkunkLock: Because Claymores are sadly illegal."

Ignoring the possibility of an accidental discharge or leak, best case scenario is your bike smells like vomit. How easy is that to clean off? Nearby businesses would be pretty peeved. Plus, I'm guessing the law won't be so keen on traps that release chemical irritants. I can see an asthmatic bike thief keeling over and resulting in some sort of lawsuit. That being said, thieves are scum, so I applaud the effort.

"SkunkLock: Because Claymores are sadly illegal."

Claymores not only stop the thief, they write-off your bike, the adjacent storefront and passing pedestrians. But I appreciate the basic idea.

Claymores not only stop the thief, they write-off your bike, the adjacent storefront and passing pedestrians. But I appreciate the basic idea.

I thought they were directional? Your bike would be fine, the storefront and pedestrians not so much.

It is marked so the thief (pro) will know what it is.
Seems like a wet face towel over the lock as they cut would almost negate the spray.

As the owner, getting it in the lock & replacing the chemical will be a nuisance

An alarm that includes a smoke bomb would be better. Alarm goes off from contact (just sound) but if the alarm is going off and the bike is on its side (like in the back of a van) smoke bomb goes off. Now the dirt bags will think the bike is on fire and off they will run on foot....

An alarm that includes a smoke bomb would be better. Alarm goes off from contact (just sound) but if the alarm is going off and the bike is on its side (like in the back of a van) smoke bomb goes off. Now the dirt bags will think the bike is on fire and off they will run on foot....

Or they panic and crash the van into an innocent cyclist. OH THE HUMANITY! I think a police force that actually gives a flying F about stolen bicycles would be a better invention. Sure, the TPS eventually busted Igor Kenk but that was to get at the crack distribution--they knew all about him 25 years ago or more.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom