Wynne's approval rating the lowest recorded of any sitting premier | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wynne's approval rating the lowest recorded of any sitting premier

I don't think her approval would go up even if she was standing. Time for an election.

I've always wondered if she was stupid or malicious.
If she's running in the next election, she's stupid. Really stupid.
If she resigns before the next election, like McGuinty, she's malicious, like McGuinty was.
At this point for her she needs to take the money and run or get totally destroyed. She has a cushy seat waiting for her sitting on the Ontario Hydro board and/or the CPPIB, and probably several very well paid consultancies with the consultants shes been shoving kickbacks to for a while.
She will be very wealthy from all her corruption in short order, if she comes out of the next decade alive, that is.

I always find it so amusing that the gullible masses think that their guy or girl will be any different when in power. PC, NDP they are just elbowing to get in at the feed trough. Sure they will run the scams another way, but they will waste your money all the same. History has proven it.

At least when you kick the current pigs out it takes a while for the new ones to get their scams all up and running at full steam.

I personally believe that not only will she be re-elected, it will be with another majority.

I've always wondered if she was stupid or malicious.
If she's running in the next election, she's stupid. Really stupid.
If she resigns before the next election, like McGuinty, she's malicious, like McGuinty was.
At this point for her she needs to take the money and run or get totally destroyed. She has a cushy seat waiting for her sitting on the Ontario Hydro board and/or the CPPIB, and probably several very well paid consultancies with the consultants shes been shoving kickbacks to for a while.
She will be very wealthy from all her corruption in short order, if she comes out of the next decade alive, that is.

Exactly

One of my pet peeves is the abuse of the English language. We refer to them as leaders but they're followers.

Baby Trudeau sent up trial balloons, took surveys and looked at what people wanted and followed the popular path. True leaders have a vision well above the hoi polloi and inspire people to follow.

Wynne with her education background knew how to spread the manure onto infertile minds so they saw it as pumpkin pie instead of the BS it really was.

Our greatest failing as a nation is the pathetic lack of street smarts of the general population, the reason these fools and con artists get re-elected.

One of my pet peeves is the abuse of the English language. We refer to them as leaders but they're followers.

Baby Trudeau sent up trial balloons, took surveys and looked at what people wanted and followed the popular path. True leaders have a vision well above the hoi polloi and inspire people to follow.

Wynne with her education background knew how to spread the manure onto infertile minds so they saw it as pumpkin pie instead of the BS it really was.

Our greatest failing as a nation is the pathetic lack of street smarts of the general population, the reason these fools and con artists get re-elected.

There is a reason they don't teach/promote common sense.
You are now the weirdo/pariah when you say out loud that is common sense...lol

The Conservatives let a 19yr old run, against two seasoned candidates and the kid won the by-election. Hes a Brock Uni student, has worked at the legislature and speaks extremely well, much better than the lawyer and seasoned politician he ran against. I'd say guys like that are the future of the conservatives, he may never effect big change, but at least he hasn't spent his life sucking the public teat and may have a fresh look.

That will not be enough ... the fresh look you talk of. The conservatives just don't seem to be able to put their act together (by announcing a solid long term plan) in Ontario or elsewhere, I guess. We know he loves the rural folk, but his direction towards city voters is a still mystery. He already flipped-flop on few things he should not have spoken of in the first place ... so who knows. Again, party, platform, charismatic leader is still missing in action and thus someone like Wynn gets the chair, probably again, if she runs ... I am not happy about her work either and would love someone with balanced views able to represent well rural and city voters as well.

I will keep dreaming I guess.

Can you confirm? ... Do Trump supporters generally have street smarts? Yes or No? ... I am just trying to gauge what "street smarts" could mean in your above statement.

That will not be enough ... the fresh look you talk of. The conservatives just don't seem to be able to put their act together (by announcing a solid long term plan) in Ontario or elsewhere, I guess. We know he loves the rural folk, but his direction towards city voters is a still mystery. He already flipped-flop on few things he should not have spoken of in the first place ... so who knows. Again, party, platform, charismatic leader is still missing in action and thus someone like Wynn gets the chair, probably again, if she runs ... I am not happy about her work either and would love someone with balanced views able to represent well rural and city voters as well.

If Wynne wins again I am deleting my GTAM account to protest.

You can boil down the "modern" conservative movement to trickle down/supply side economics (fiscal conservative) and bigotry (social conservative). Neither of those are going to get you large votes in urban centres, without significant gains in seats in places like Toronto, Kingston and Ottawa the election is lost to the PC.

They stand a chance now that people will vote Anybody But Wynne, but that only works if Wynne is still the leader in 2018.... I think Brown has seen the writing on the wall and he is trying hard to switch the party away from the above conservative dogma, back towards progressive and that MAY get him a win. The issue is there are still too many in the party that believe in the above and they would rather lose the election than give up their dogma (same issue the NDP have BTW)--they may need a serious purge.

My big issue, Brown got the leadership by being the conservative dogma guy, now he has seen the light and is the anti-dogma guy. Has he seen the light or is he just telling everyone along the way what they want to hear for his own advancement?

We need the Provincial Liberals gone but do we yet have a valid option or are we just displacing one pig at the trough with another...

@backmarker...well said BUT the way things work they will not remove Brown.
PC could win this easily but they are stuck trying to take the country back to the 50's and push their religious values onto ppl.
The demographics have changed and is changing AWAY from them.

A simple what you do in the bedroom is none of our business speech would help, however what happens with our taxes and services is all of our business.

Start at the bottom in order to get the proper leadership at the top.
It's about grab $$$ and go and not about Canada/country...sad.

My big issue, Brown got the leadership by being the conservative dogma guy, now he has seen the light and is the anti-dogma guy. Has he seen the light or is he just telling everyone along the way what they want to hear for his own advancement?

But he got the leadership by collecting most pledges in rural part of Ontario ... not by presenting a platform people everywhere could not say "no" to, or predominantly disagree with and would eventually support in the upcoming election. Honestly, unless you follow him on twitter or whatever social media crap, you don't know he exists. You don't hear much about him, except for the gaffe with sex-ed curriculum letter ...

The PC's confused identity finding reminds me of the hilariously sad situation with Republicans south of the border .... it just wants to make you not vote, since I am sick of voting to prevent the other party to rule, instead of truly supporting someone's ideas.

We need the Provincial Liberals gone but do we yet have a valid option or are we just displacing one pig at the trough with another...

Clearly not yet ... or I don't know of one.

Last edited:

I also dream... The kid beat out Rick Dykstra ( the president of the Conservative Party of Ontario) , if the party president cant win in his own riding how the F*** are they going to win an election with the invisible man (brown) . We need to see a serious reorganization of the party, except the party leader and the president and most of the senior team seem to be more in line with running a legion. Whether you took your hat off is more important than what your thinking about once your hat is off.

I also dream... The kid beat out Rick Dykstra ( the president of the Conservative Party of Ontario) , if the party president cant win in his own riding how the F*** are they going to win an election with the invisible man (brown) . We need to see a serious reorganization of the party, except the party leader and the president and most of the senior team seem to be more in line with running a legion. Whether you took your hat off is more important than what your thinking about once your hat is off.

And who will do the reorg? The same ppl running the show?

[video=youtube;7aItpjF5vXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc[/video]

The Ontario PC seems as lost and out of touch as the GOP looks right now in the U.S.

Interesting perspective here:

http://www.therecord.com/opinion-story/6930476-how-tea-party-tactics-threaten-tories-on-sex-ed-cohn/

"Over the weekend, a strong majority of local Tories in the riding of Niagara West-Glanbrook defied their party leader, and their party president, by choosing an avowedly pro-life, anti-sex-ed, teenage candidate to represent them in a coming by-election. It was political payback for Brown after he tried to divorce himself from the movement while repositioning himself to win over mainstream Ontario voters in the next election."

For all of Wynne's warts -and there are many- I do appreciate their progressive agenda. I do not want to go back to prayers in school, 1950s level of sex ed, going backwards on gay marriage etc. My issue with the Wynne government is their lack of fiscal sense. I also hate that many of their fees, taxes etc is that they are super regressive. Carbon taxes on gas etc are going to affect the working poor the most. We need to keep progressing as a society but there needs to be some semblance of balance with fiscal reality. As it is it will be the NDP who has my vote for now. I just can't vote for the so called Progressive Conservative party until they actually go back to being progressive and just right of centre.

"Over the weekend, a strong majority of local Tories in the riding of Niagara West-Glanbrook defied their party leader, and their party president, by choosing an avowedly pro-life, anti-sex-ed, teenage candidate to represent them in a coming by-election.

They're dooming themselves to the perpetual sidelines with that approach. Some people will vote for that, but most others look at that as batshit crazy and will vehemently vote AGAINST the party as a result.

That unfortunately dooms us to more of Wynnes asshattery as a direct result...unless the NDP get their act together and present something that gives people a viable third choice.

The Ontario PC seems as lost and out of touch as the GOP looks right now in the U.S.

Interesting perspective here:

http://www.therecord.com/opinion-story/6930476-how-tea-party-tactics-threaten-tories-on-sex-ed-cohn/

"Over the weekend, a strong majority of local Tories in the riding of Niagara West-Glanbrook defied their party leader, and their party president, by choosing an avowedly pro-life, anti-sex-ed, teenage candidate to represent them in a coming by-election. It was political payback for Brown after he tried to divorce himself from the movement while repositioning himself to win over mainstream Ontario voters in the next election."

Here we go again ... good luck to them, they will seriously need a lot of it. So sick of this pro-life, anti-sex-ed and any religious BS. Can an atheist with none of that non-sense ever run and win today??? Don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom