numbered corporation/named corporation | GTAMotorcycle.com

numbered corporation/named corporation

ariesmars

Hey guys: So im registering a business. The site has some info on the pros and con of having a number vs named corp but is there anything I'm missing? Like, are there any implications as far as taxes are concerned? Im asking here because I know you guys know this stuff.

Thanks for the help!

I've operated a numbered Ontario .inc for about 15 years. There are no tax advantages/disadvantages, it's just easier to setup as you don't have to pay for a name search, and you don't have to worry about somebody else setting up a company named the same.

Federally/Provincially registered has bigger implications than named/numbered. In short, if you mainly plan on operating in Ontario, a provincially registered company will save you some hassle/administrative overhead. A named company provides you some protection if someone else operates a company with the same name, but depending on your business, that may never be an issue.

Do the incorporation yourself online it's cheap and fast. Accounts and lawyers charge too much at times.

Back
Top Bottom