Looking for a youth bike to get around neighbourhood | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a youth bike to get around neighbourhood

Keep peddlin kid. I saw that CT has a sale going on right now...If you get sweaty from a 10 minute bike ride, you's a *****.

Dont worry about this guy, hes got a real case of SGS (Short guy syndrome) and tries to compensate for his vertical shortcomings (no pun intended)by being a ********* on the interwebs

Haven't read this thread but let me guess:

a) a bunch of people being rude to the kid even through he said he didn't know the rules, because we were all born with the incredible knowledge most in here think they have.
b) A bunch of people talking about safety and ATGATT
c) Very ... VERY few actually answering the question posed by the OP
d) a bunch of miss informed people speaking out of their *****.

did I get it right?

OP - about a Goped http://goped.com/gsr-sport-goped/

here is me racing on for ***** and giggles
https://www.facebook.com/ThePhotoGuysca/photos/t.675711190/398300453608158/?type=3&theater

Pretty much

Last edited:
me too. So if under 16, back to the bike. That's how my kid commutes to work, etc. ...or the bus.

Wouldn't that goped be pretty loud? I've seen the odd one around and they were always annoyingly loud.
The one I have at home and use as pit bike is not too loud, I mean I hear cars and bikes on my street that are way louder

fast forward to min 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlu6nykYvc

• All operators and passengers must be at least 16 years of age

edit - I missed 'alone' in this "I'm at that age where I cannot drive alone yet", so the above may not apply

So not even learner licenses are consistent interprovincially. Sad. FWIW, I'm from a jurisdiction that allows learner licenses at 15 years old, so at 16 one can graduate to the next level and drive alone.

If 16 YO then ebikes work as long as the other conditional requirements are met in ON.

Gopeds on the street/sidewalk will get police attention, conversations and possibly tickets without delay. I have one I used as a pit bike. Loud and entertaining.

Last edited:
Dont worry about this guy, hes got a real case of SGS (Short guy syndrome) and tries to compensate for his vertical shortcomings (no pun intended)by being a ********* on the interwebs

lol...you're hilarious. I assure you I suffer from no such syndrome at all...instead of talking **** why don't you give the kid a viable alternative then?

I'm a 90's kid and we'd be out riding around the city for hours like nothing. A ride from Square One to Centennial park was like whatever...chillin down Burnhamthorpe nowadays these kids ride 10 minutes and they're starting to get sweaty. Why do you think along with just overall laziness our youth's obesity rates are the highest they've been in a while, huh BIGpoppa?? You're not a fat ol' bastard yourself are ya?? ;):D

I can just post pictures mr Garcha

Last edited:
You don't want to walk 30 minutes, buy your own bus tickets or get super sweaty on a bicycle. Are you the future of the country I keep hearing about?

I read all the replies to ensure I understood what I read.
I guess he doesn't want to save his planet.

If he can't afford bus tickets then I certain he can't afford insurance, maintenance, or the cost for some of the products listed ($1k for the skateboard).

Haven't read this thread but let me guess:

a) a bunch of people being rude to the kid even through he said he didn't know the rules, because we were all born with the incredible knowledge most in here think they have.
b) A bunch of people talking about safety and ATGATT
c) Very ... VERY few actually answering the question posed by the OP
d) a bunch of miss informed people speaking out of their *****.

did I get it right?

OP - about a Goped http://goped.com/gsr-sport-goped/

here is me racing one for ***** and giggles
https://www.facebook.com/ThePhotoGuysca/photos/t.675711190/398300453608158/?type=3&theater

That thing can't be street legal.

That thing can't be street legal.

It's not...unless he puts pedals on it and a stand up seat :)

I was looking at one but they are not street legal here.

But seriously, this guy can't do a 10 minute bicycle ride?

Be my guest, I'm sure you're gorgeous sweetheart.
Whoa. If you're short then wtf am

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

@kruzuki "suddel" this is why Instagram is more popular than Twitter ?

@TorontoBoy is that true about the tire size? I thought it had to do with age? Because of my case of, as @bigpoppa refers to it, SGS, I believe that my bike has 24" tires. Only asking because the ride to my new job site would involve 2 major hills on busy streets. If I could legally ride on the sidewalk, I may consider taking the bicycle.
And OP, your best bet is a bicycle or ebike. And if this old fat bast**d can pedal, you can too.
* disclaimer * I haven't actually pedaled yet.

http://www.drps.ca/internet_explore...6917&Scope=Unit&Scope_ID=41&Last_ID=999999999

Moped (motor-assisted bicycle)

Looks like bicycle but has an attached electric or gas motor less then 50 cubic centimeters

Maximum speed of 50 km/h

Gas-powered

Maximum weight: 55 kg

Pedals must be operable at all times

Considered a motor vehicle under the Criminal Code of Canada

Can be operated on roads in Ontario if the driver:

Holds a valid licence with class M1 or M2 or M with condition L(limited Speed Motorcycle)

Wears a motorcycle helmet

Insures and registers the vehicle

Does not allow passengers

Ensures vehicle meets MVSA safety standards

Stays off of certain highways such as the 400 series

Drives within a lane marked for motor vehicle traffic. If traveling slower than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place, then must travel as close to the right edge of the roadway as is practicable.

@kruzuki "suddel" this is why Instagram is more popular than Twitter ?

@TorontoBoy is that true about the tire size? I thought it had to do with age? Because of my case of, as @bigpoppa refers to it, SGS, I believe that my bike has 24" tires. Only asking because the ride to my new job site would involve 2 major hills on busy streets. If I could legally ride on the sidewalk, I may consider taking the bicycle.
And OP, your best bet is a bicycle or ebike. And if this old fat bast**d can pedal, you can too.
* disclaimer * I haven't actually pedaled yet.

I thought they changed the rules to include an age limit a couple years ago?

Back
Top Bottom