Sleeper Bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sleeper Bikes

My geriatric girlfriends?

OK my bad, we are talking about riders after all.

So that's a win for me then. I'm gonna call it a nite. Sleep tite.

My '84 V65 Magna had lots of go.

Not so much with the stop though,
and the Vmax crowd will chew your ear off about how much better their bike is,
but one made it into Guinness in '85 and the othe didn't.

BMW S1000XR ....saw one before I left.
Looks tiny ......

normal_1.jpg

500 lb 160 HP...

Guys, the question has nothing to do with riders. If you put the same guy on two different bikes, which one could surprise you most by its performance?

Thats why I think it essentially comes down to having a very, very porrly maintained looking bike.

Yeah this. Sorry for not chiming in last night, coaching my son's hockey team to a solid 2-1 loss. I know that there are lots of examples of a more competent rider on a lesser bike blowing away what should be a better machine. I'm talking about bikes that no one would give a second glance to but it can really perform.

darkside
[video=youtube;bi7kXkYpSwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi7kXkYpSwk[/video]

Bahahaha....Car tire....Yellow Wolf and the US129.All in the same post.:pukeleft:

The 1800 Wing is a quick bike for sure and is capable of being a "sleeper",but it can also get a rider in a lot of hurt really quick.A little slide or bad line on a naked bike can be easily recovered from.Same misscue on the Wing usually ends badly.

Last edited:
Yeah this. Sorry for not chiming in last night, coaching my son's hockey team to a solid 2-1 loss. I know that there are lots of examples of a more competent rider on a lesser bike blowing away what should be a better machine. I'm talking about bikes that no one would give a second glance to but it can really perform.

Congrats on the loss. Regarding the other matter, I tried to answer that last nite but fell asleep. Most people, with one glaring exception, seem to under estimate the Burgman 650. I would look into that. It's sunny but cool out right now.

IMO, the op was looking for examples of machines that don't appear to be canyon carving or pull your arms out of their sockets like machines.

One that comes to mind would be a Buell Ulysses.

Adventure look and feel. Snorting Vtwin motor.

Some wouldn't think much of it but, it can hustle with the best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fbf7263fe268e69164f9d6217cbeffc1.jpg

IMO, the op was looking for examples of machines that don't appear to be canyon carving or pull your arms out of their sockets like machines.

One that comes to mind would be a Burl Ulysses.

Adventure look and feel. Snoring Vtwin motor.

Some wouldn't think much of it but, it can hustle with the best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, the good ol' Burl Ulysses looks beta performs alpha. No snooze fest there.

Suzuki 650 Burgman - I've seen more than a few hotshots embarrassed by a competent rider on the Big Scoot.

I don't believe there is an answer to this question.
There are no production bikes that fill all these criteria.
If you say that a V-Max is a sleeper, you're wrong. Most riders know that it is damn fast.

Most other fast in a straight line bikes will not corner.

Every bike that is fast and good in the corners looks fast and everybody knows it.

The only way you will actually fulfill all of those requirements would to build something yourself.

I had a perfect sleeper many years ago.
I had a 1978 Yamaha SR500.
Every trick part you could buy, I put on the bike.

It would kill any modern 750 of the day from light to light. I embarrassed many riders on that bike.

Which bikes would you consider "sleeper bikes"? Like a wolf in sheep's clothing? A friend and I were having a discussion about this the other day and some of the bikes that came up were the Yamaha V-Max and the Suzuki M109r. What are some bikes out there that don't garner a second glance from non-riders but can pull your arms out of their sockets or carve up other bikes in the twisties? Interested to see what comes up on here.

Suzuki B-King, Yamaha MT-01? Not much in the looks department, and if you don't know what you're looking at, could easily surprise you.

Back
Top Bottom