k&n motorcycle air filter | GTAMotorcycle.com

k&n motorcycle air filter

Not that I've ever seen. Most of them lose power compared to a stock air filter anyhow ... and yes, my roadrace Fizzer has a K&N in it because the dyno showed a minor improvement with it; I suspect it's not because it "flows better" but rather that it affected the jetting (carbureted) in a way that happened to be positive on the day of the dyno test ...

Flows better cause there's larger holes in the filter material? I just clean and re-oil my stock re-usable one.

I believe some of the cone style filters flow more because they have more surface area. Deeper pleats and at times more of them; at the end of the day this is not a way to get real horsepower but can have a positive affect in conjunction with a full exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of K&N stock-replacement filters have fewer pleats and less surface area than the OEM filter it replaces. That's certainly the case with my '04 ZX10R. Stock filter went 24,000 km until the first major service. I had a K&N in there for about 7000 km, until it clogged. (bikes with ram air suck in all the insects and leaves, and it ends up in the air filter). Back to the stock filter - no more clogging.

Agreed, my oem filter has more pleats than kn

100% they do have a race line of air filters. I have even seen a few that have 2 series of race filters.
Check the k&n website to see if they make one for your model. Google the part number. Those are going to be your best and quickest resources to find a definitive answer to your question.

100% they do have a race line of air filters. I have even seen a few that have 2 series of race filters.
Check the k&n website to see if they make one for your model. Google the part number. Those are going to be your best and quickest resources to find a definitive answer to your question.

well i'll be ....i thought the seller was just talking krap. I didn't think they had "full race spec filters". thanks for the interesting heads up.

Back
Top Bottom