Where to ride in the US during the winter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to ride in the US during the winter?

Mikel

Looking for ideas on places to ride in the winter. I'm considering taking a week and heading south at some point to do some riding. Interested in MX and trails. Anyone got any ideas or recommendations? I would love to find a place like Motopark with the facility and garage / mechanic type setup.

Yah I was on that track and trails website, I find they are very outdated, was hoping to get some first hand experience from a Toronto based individual. The other two riding area are cold / snow in the winter are they not?

L a g u n a s e c a

Never been but on some MX boards Florida track and trails gets pretty good reviews. If I remember right it's pretty expensive to ride there and no outside food or drink had some people up in arms. For off road riding in Florida look into Croom riding area.

There's also club mx and south of the border mx in Georgia. These are more like high end amateur/pro training facilities but they might have open practice days.

Im sort of interested in riding at Florida track and trails one day but I'm kind of concerned about health insurance, at this point I haven't looked a ton into it but the idea of ending up not being covered certainly scares me.

Never been but on some MX boards Florida track and trails gets pretty good reviews. If I remember right it's pretty expensive to ride there and no outside food or drink had some people up in arms. For off road riding in Florida look into Croom riding area.

There's also club mx and south of the border mx in Georgia. These are more like high end amateur/pro training facilities but they might have open practice days.

Im sort of interested in riding at Florida track and trails one day but I'm kind of concerned about health insurance, at this point I haven't looked a ton into it but the idea of ending up not being covered certainly scares me.

Those two places look pretty sweet! But I think you are right that they are geared towards professionals or people involved in the race scene of which I am neither. I'm hoping to find a place like Motopark that is open all days of the week and is a pretty chill place to ride.

I would recommend http://highlandparkresort.com
Located in Georgia it is approx an hour drive from the Atlanta airport (short flight from Pearson) or you can drive with your own bike.
This location has a large KTM dealer and they rent bikes (MX and Enduro) which you can ride from 9am to 4pm on their tracks and trails.
The trails are fantastic and vary from beginner to very challenging. Their website has lots of vid's.
I prefer riding tight single track (like the Ganny) and this place has it but with lots of elevation changes due to ravines and it can be slick.
They have a few small rustic cabins (don't think they have heat) and a shower hut but we stay 30min away in Cedartown.

I know some ppl who drive down to http://durhamtown.com but my understanding is that it's more MX track oriented.
I have not been to Durham Town.

Keen to hear if there are other good places as well.

Cheers,
Troy

What kinda temperatures will it be there in Jan-feb?

Cool, but ridable. Probably in the low 60Fs / 15C - 17C average.

Durhamtown (2 hours east of Atlanta), big place, lots of different tracks, lots of ATV's, good trails, not really near anything.

Highland " http://www.highlandparkresort.com/ " (2 hours west of Atlanta), great trail layout (one way with ratings) way less ATVs! a few tracks. Good times!

Cool, but ridable. Probably in the low 60Fs / 15C - 17C average.

How many days a week can you ride at Jennings? I looked up January and there was only a few days at the beginning and the end of the month. Jgp track days? Is there other people that host there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom