Rogers LTE Speed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rogers LTE Speed

j2

Can this be right?

I live in the sticks and use Bell DSL. It sucks. If i run a speed test I typically get around 3Mbps down and around 600Kbps up.

My Bell service had been down for 2 days so I'm using my PC tethered to my Rogers phone. I'm getting 12Mbps down and 2.5Mbps up.

I'm pretty impressed, although I understand there is not much congestion where I live.

Bring on 5G and remove those caps :)

I get 50/32 here.

4d8a24fdb6587ff83a7e347df56ceef6.png

Nice.

i was actually being dumb and did the test while connected to the vPN. Now I'm getting 37 down 12 up. :)

That's not bad at all for a remote location. I tested the cable connection (also Rogers) and got 100/11. That 32mbps LTE upload speed is pretty impressive.

Rogers.... Barf

They're pretty solid as an ISP. As for TV, I thought Bell Fibe's picture quality and PVR interface were much better.

We keep switching between both every 2-3 years to collect max perks from their retention depts. My iPhone 6S was basically free.

LTE is definitely fast. The problem is that bit for bit, it is MORE expensive in Canada than 3G was to the consumer, so you just blow through your data cap faster.

As for who's better, RoBellUs are still all equally bad in my eyes. Whoever is marginally better that week is whoever's service is the least overpriced when you start a contract

I've seen my LTE on Fido (which is still Rogers towers, same network different name) peak over 70mbps.

I agree, great speed...but with artificially low data caps still it's really a waste in the end....it would be like having a 1gbit fibre connection at home and then being told your data cap is 500gigs per month.

They're pretty solid as an ISP. As for TV, I thought Bell Fibe's picture quality and PVR interface were much better.

We keep switching between both every 2-3 years to collect max perks from their retention depts. My iPhone 6S was basically free.

Agreed... I am using Rogers for my Cell and my wife is with Bell. I get very good coverage and speed with my Cell and the speed is excellent. The price is another matter entirely.

We ditched the ExPressVu a little over a year ago and went to Fibe. No complaints whatsoever about the Fibe. Even my buddy in Toronto who used Rogers forever switched to Fibe and he loves it. We are paying less for the Fibe and have better PQ and internet speeds. Too bad we cannot get more competition in the wireless realm. A third real national competitor who played a disruptive role pricewise would be appreciated. With the screwy CRTC I am not holding my breath though.

Back
Top Bottom