Need help with Computer to PC connection | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help with Computer to PC connection

Boots

So whenever I have my tv connectedconnected to my Graphics card (GTX 970) for streaming videos onto my TV and my PC connected to the monitor (DVI from the same graphics card to the monitor). The quality of my monitor gets lowered even if I'm only running one display at a time. PC screen is running its native resolution by the way, nothing changes it's just text and stuff looks a lot more jagged.

Any way to fix this so I can stream videos and be on my pc at the same time?

So whenever I have my tv connectedconnected to my Graphics card (GTX 970) for streaming videos onto my TV and my PC connected to the monitor (DVI from the same graphics card to the monitor). The quality of my monitor gets lowered even if I'm only running one display at a time. PC screen is running its native resolution by the way, nothing changes it's just text and stuff looks a lot more jagged.

Any way to fix this so I can stream videos and be on my pc at the same time?

I don't think Windows XP has that feature.

I don't get what two setups you're comparing. TV connected to PC via DVI, versus... what?

Run the Detect option(next to Identify) with both turned on.
c04727666.jpg

Your video card has both a hdmi and dvi output, then you should be able to adjust resolution on each independantly, if not it's a limitation of the graphics card and it won't allow this, sometimes dvi and hdmi don't like to play together either, does the card have vga out as well, try that for the monitor and hdmi for the tv

check the specs on the card to make sure each output can be used with different resolutions, not all will do this.

Your video card has both a hdmi and dvi output, then you should be able to adjust resolution on each independantly, if not it's a limitation of the graphics card and it won't allow this, sometimes dvi and hdmi don't like to play together either, does the card have vga out as well, try that for the monitor and hdmi for the tv

check the specs on the card to make sure each output can be used with different resolutions, not all will do this.

Both are running their native resos

Sent from my raven

So what's the issue exactly? Sounds like your monitor's ClearType gets disabled? How jagged does text get? Are you running an old person's setup (i.e. stock resolution but much higher DPI font setting?)

Maybe take a photo of your screen and post it here?

FYI, if you highlight the #2 monitor, the option to make it your main display is activated. It's under the Extend display drop down box. Dimmed out in the previous pic when #1 is highlighted.

Extended display helped and fixed everything, thanks!
How funny is it that I could have actually helped with this and didn't even know? This is the same setup that I use in the big meeting room at work.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

How funny is it that I could have actually helped with this and didn't even know? This is the same setup that I use in the big meeting room at work.

Sans the broken projector

Sent from my raven

Sans the broken projector

Sent from my raven
True dat.

Okay now that the video is fixed does any one know if there's a way to make one program run through one audio system and another program run on another.

For example if I am streaming something on monitor two using chrome and playing a video game on monitor one, is there any way to make the audio from chrome come out the tv and the audio for the video game come out the PC's speakers?

Sent from my raven

Back
Top Bottom