3D printed parts | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

3D printed parts

If it doesn't you only loose 1 piece of track. And if you don't have spare tracks and it's just regular Hot Wheels track, I've got some spare from when I was a kid.

How is the glue holding the tongue onto the mount? glued under? You could cut a longer tongue from a section of track by shaving off the sides.

Last edited:
Nope.
Gorilla glue
Epoxy etc.
Probably because of the aforementioned stress.
@Riceburner would that actually work? I have a heat gun that I could use. Then my gorilla glue fix may hold.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

For those types of glues to hold on plastic you need to give them something to grab on to. At a minimum, sand the parts, preferably drill some holes for the glue to grab on to.

To properly glue plastics you need to know what plastics you are working with and pick the appropriate chemical to melt the parts together (for instance methyl methacrylate works well for ABS). Hmm, look for marks that tell you which plastic you are dealing with (eg ABS, PE, etc), you might be able to use pipe cement to fix it.

@Riceburner this is why I post things here. That is a great suggestion. If I make the tongue part longer, drop some glue in between (after I follow @GreyGhost 's advice to make sure what glue I am dealing with) then put a hole in tongue piece and use the existing screw to hold it in place, it just might work!
Will attempt this weekend and report back.

@Riceburner this is why I post things here. That is a great suggestion. If I make the tongue part longer, drop some glue in between (after I follow @GreyGhost 's advice to make sure what glue I am dealing with) then put a hole in tongue piece and use the existing screw to hold it in place, it just might work!
Will attempt this weekend and report back.

You should start a new build thread!

I know a guy attempting to 3D print a 3D printer!

No ****, just the housing parts but I laughed my head off when he told me. Eventually printer will go to the field and they expect it to get used aka broken. So they are printing off spare parts.

Brilliant

I recall reading a few years ago about an inexpensive 3D printer kit that you had to assemble and then print the remaining parts for yourself.

The guys at work just got one to replace some handles on some equipment because the manufacturer wants $600 per handle. Print 4 themselves and they break even. They printed some custom antenna mounts and stuff that look pretty neat and are fully functional.

They're working on getting a 3D scanner as the hardest part is getting the 3D design down right.

Their 3D printer was like $2000. For comparison, our engraver was $15k (about 10 years ago) and we just paid $1.5k just for a software upgrade so that we could use it on Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom