First accident | GTAMotorcycle.com

First accident

BradW

I've been riding for 18 years, and never even had a bump. I was returning from a trip up and down Hockley Valley Rd Saturday afternoon. Riding through Loretto on a clear stretch of road. When a woman who was stopped at a sign, waiting to cross the road gunned it. I tried swirving right to go along side, but instead got tossed over the hood.

I big thanks to everyone who stopped to help me, the Simcoe first responders, staff at Aliston hospital, the Orang chopper crew who got me to St. Mike's, and all the amazing staff here

Still waiting on leg surgery, bit they have me drugged up for now.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

GWS, sounds like you faired well all things considered. (you are on here posting).

Its great that the weather is still so cooperative, but some riders aren't fairing so well with other drivers :(

Glad to see your posting on here. GWS, and enjoy the drugs while they last, trust me, I know they will wean you VERY quickly after surgery. I was in more pain post surgery than before.

GWS, and hope the police (and insurance) found her at fault.

Hopefully your gear helped minimize injury. Please tell what leg surgery and if any protective equipment could have reduced injury. GWS.

I've always been a firm believer in ATGATT and a t de save me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

GWS
Sounds like a replay of my collision of many years ago but I was in a truck. Babe tried to scoot across the intersection but failed to account for gravel and loss of traction. I T-boned her. She was charged with fail to yield.

GWS.

Thanks for the details. I find stories like this helpful to remind me of the dangers out there.

Sorry to hear. GWS.

You definitely do not want to be on narcotic PKs for long. They'll do everything from **** up your guts to your mind. I had some relatively minor surgery 10 days ago and am still recovering as much from the Percocets they prescribed as the surgery itself...

GWS op.

Alive to ride another day.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWS @BradW

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Do you know what speed you collided at?

Get well soon.

Get well soon....look on the bright side, it happened at the end of the season instead of at the beginning.

You definitely do not want to be on narcotic PKs for long. They'll do everything from **** up your guts to your mind. I had some relatively minor surgery 10 days ago and am still recovering as much from the Percocets they prescribed as the surgery itself...

I was on 2x2.5mg percocet every 4-5 hours for several months after a spinal fusion 15 years ago. Thankfully I was able to come off them onto T3's with zero issues at all. I will admit I don't remember a whole lot of details from those few months (aside from the pain and anything major that stuck in my head) but I know some people struggle with the stepdown after long term.

I live in the area, in fact I saw the aftermath of this crash, and was yelled at by a bystander as to how dangerous bikes and bikers are. This crash happened at the intersection of the Hockley Rd. and the 4th concession of Adj. Tos. Stop signs on the north south concession and very good visibility in all 4 directions, so what the hell happened? Only two options, the pickup truck lost it's mind and either ran the stop sign or ignored the fact that a bike was coming, or the bike was travelling at warp speed and got on top of the intersection faster than the truck was expecting. No excuses or blame but there is very good visibility at this intersection, seems unlikely a crash would happen there, but one did, too bad.

And how was your "flight" sir? ;)

GWS ...got a whole winter to get better.

just curious if you clipped the bars at all or get launched free.?

Back
Top Bottom