How far have you gone this year | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How far have you gone this year

I have absolutely no problem stealing someone's idea for profit. You just may see this shirt at the January show ��

Considering the other attempts at mixing humour and "...lives matter", I think that would receive...an icy reception. Especially in the hyper-offended twitter/blogo sphere. Once it hits Reddit, there's no going back.

Didn't ride that far myself, about 5k, but I rode every day from late March until now. No choice, really. Won't stop until the snow flies. Made it to Christmas Eve last year. Hope to do the same again. Only one out-of Toronto trip. Didn't even bother with the weekend rides--traffic wasn't worth it.

About 10,000 km so far and hope to do another 1,000 km or so next 2 - 3 weeks. One 2,500 km ride to OH and WV and one 1,500 km ride to Calabogie area, balance of km in the Haliburton / Kawartha area. I've done the 507/3/118 loop 15 - 20 times this year, getting a bit boring.

Bike turned over 100,000 km a few weeks ago and now that it is properly broken in I hope to do many more km next year.

Last edited:
About 16k this year. Doubtful I'll ride much more this year as I hate riding when it's cold.

Not a bad year for me, maybe 5 or 6k but I only "commuted" once. It was all fun rides and maybe 1500km of that was gravel and trails.
We had to pack and move for September first and we both started new jobs in September as well so I didn't expect alot of riding this year.
Plan on picking up a dual sport this winter so look out 2017.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Plan on picking up a dual sport this winter so look out 2017.

What make/model are you leaning towards?

What make/model are you leaning towards?
Likely a drz400s but you never know. I've also got my eye on a blue plate wr450 and my buddy is pushing me to buy his ktm 450exc.
Thing is, the drz just works for me. Cheap, reliable and goes forever.

The weather made for a great season

Jesus, what weather was that? It was way too hot for me most of this summer considering my new bike is like riding an oven around and it felt like 40C for like 2 months. Picked up my 999 in June, have put on something like 4500km. Maybe 1-1.5k on the 696 at the start of the season before I sold it

Likely a drz400s but you never know. I've also got my eye on a blue plate wr450 and my buddy is pushing me to buy his ktm 450exc.
Thing is, the drz just works for me. Cheap, reliable and goes forever.

So not a Cyclone RX3 or TT250 then, I take it? :lmao:

Hard to say, I can't remember how many kms my Shadow had before being sold. I only had it for three months, but used it almost everyday to get to work and went out for 3-5hrs every weekend. My scooter is less confidence inspiring and the non-existent suspension makes rides over an hour difficult, but I still use it as a commuter. I'd say I've done 6-7k this year. Plan to get much more in next year on a real bike.

Sucky year for me as 6 months in Australia and did very little riding here.
Highlight was the East Coast trip with the kid which put on about 7k ..I'd figure maybe 12k total on all three bikes on both continents :( .....that's down from 25-30k normal.

Last fall I got in 10 k from mid - Sept to end of riding in Dec ....excellent year as did the West coast as well.

Finding also that too long between longer rides - I hurt ....

To Toronto and back a few times. Got a lot more parking lot rides in than last year.

2 Deals Gap trips plus a bunch of local riding on the road - about 17,000 km total. Not done yet.
4 SOAR weekends plus 4 VRRA weekends plus the practice day on the race bike.

I think I surpassed 15,000K this season just this weekend. No plans to stop either until the snow hits.

I think I surpassed 15,000K this season just this weekend. No plans to stop either until the snow hits.

Don't take it for granite, it's a privilege.

Don't take it for granite, it's a privilege.

Quick, someone call for help....Inreb is stalking my responses in all sorts of different threads tonight. :p

readImage

Back
Top Bottom