Pennsylvania one day ride - Saturday, October 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pennsylvania one day ride - Saturday, October 15

BlueVFR

Site Supporter
Weather looks great and fall color is at 100 % this weekend down at Northern Pa area. I am considering doing a one day ride down to check out the fall color either are Kinzua Dam or the Pa grand Canyon. Not sure which one yet, but both are doable in one day (mostly Kinzua because it is shorter distance).

Meeting place: Tim Horton, 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ti...4f2b6fa0ccffce!8m2!3d43.2392819!4d-79.7601521

Time: - leaving at 8:15AM sharp.

It will be a 8 to 9 hours day (Hamilton time)

Last edited:
Looks like a fun trip, but heads up...choose your border crossing carefully, otherwise your times may be blown out of the water. Last time we crossed at Fort Erie it was a 30 minute wait coming into Canada....at 1AM. Our friends who decided to stop in PA and complete the drive the next day were in line for 2.5 hours when they arrived at 1PM.

Cross border shopping is big again, except now it's the Americans coming into Canada.

Consider all 3 bridge options - Rainbow, Queenston/Lewiston, and lastly, the Peace Bridge. There's an online site that shows traffic on both sides - Google it.

I have NEXUS:) and so are some of my friends who maybe on this ride.

Well that changes things for sure...but not everyone is said equipped. ;)

Looks interesting. Any idea on numbers and pace. I'm assuming cruiser pace being as it's falls colours. On fence as I need to be back for around 4ish.

4PM maybe a bit tight unless you want to leave right after lunch. I would say between 5PM and 6PM to be safe.

Looks interesting. Any idea on numbers and pace. I'm assuming cruiser pace being as it's falls colours. On fence as I need to be back for around 4ish.

Changed time to 8:15AM

Weather looks great and fall color is at 100 % this weekend down at Northern Pa area. I am considering doing a one day ride down to check out the fall color either are Kinzua Dam or the Pa grand Canyon. Not sure which one yet, but both are doable in one day (mostly Kinzua because it is shorter distance).

Meeting place: Tim Horton, 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ti...4f2b6fa0ccffce!8m2!3d43.2392819!4d-79.7601521

Time: - leaving at 8:15AM sharp.

It will be a 8 to 9 hours day (Hamilton time)

Wish I had known about this ride earlier in the week. I could have made arrangements to join. I've wanted to ride down that way for awhile now.
Hopefully there will be another.

Thinking I might be down for this. Looks like I got the go a head from the wife. Just curious on the pace.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom