where are all the end of season track bike deals?? | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

where are all the end of season track bike deals??

2 g's for that bike is way too cheap.

Remember if the deal is too good be true.......

2 g's for that bike is way too cheap.

Remember if the deal is too good be true.......

Eh, I don't know about that. Prices are still way over inflated.
I bought an 09 R6 for a buddy for $3600 about 3 weeks ago. Has 20k on it and was a 1 owner bike. He even had all the service records for it. No damage on bike other than small wear & tear as expected for 10 year old bike. We're in the process of converting it to a track bike now but it runs just fine.

If I can get a 09 well running R6 with 20k for $3600, then a 08 42k R6 than needs engine work for $2000 isn't all that unreasonable.

all those R6s from 08-16 are pretty much the exact same bike, so I wouldn't expect too see a difference in price on an 08 vs 09, personally I would pay more for a well sorted 09 than a stock 2012. by the time you get it into track mode with some decent bits on it, and get the motor figured out i'm sure you are going to be over $5k, at that point may as well buy a bike that's already converted with all the bits, and suspension.

all those R6s from 08-16 are pretty much the exact same bike, so I wouldn't expect too see a difference in price on an 08 vs 09, personally I would pay more for a well sorted 09 than a stock 2012. by the time you get it into track mode with some decent bits on it, and get the motor figured out i'm sure you are going to be over $5k, at that point may as well buy a bike that's already converted with all the bits, and suspension.

Yea, the R6 is pretty much unchanged from 2008 onwards. Even the 2017 is pretty much the same bike; from what I understand they just have bigger rotors and thicker front axle. I agree with you regarding paying more for a "done up" 2009 vs a stock 2012. Although you are forgetting 1 very critical aspect; the enjoyment involved in building your own bike and having a winter project! ;)

Yea, the R6 is pretty much unchanged from 2008 onwards. Even the 2017 is pretty much the same bike; from what I understand they just have bigger rotors and thicker front axle. I agree with you regarding paying more for a "done up" 2009 vs a stock 2012. Although you are forgetting 1 very critical aspect; the enjoyment involved in building your own bike and having a winter project! ;)

meh overrated and overpriced IMO

the enjoyment involved in building your own bike and having a winter project! ;)

Each their own. But my latest purchase has shown me that I shouldn't ever consider building my own :) From my math the person who converted this bike put at least $1000 more than I paid for the bike into just the conversion!

But also I don't have a heated area to work on the bike and my 'winter project list' is already large enough with other things :)

Jeff

Each their own. But my latest purchase has shown me that I shouldn't ever consider building my own :) From my math the person who converted this bike put at least $1000 more than I paid for the bike into just the conversion!

But also I don't have a heated area to work on the bike and my 'winter project list' is already large enough with other things :)

Jeff

my point exactly.
I mean it would be fun to do if funds were unlimited and I could really get all the best parts for it and put it all together how I want it, but if that were the case I also wouldn't be starting with a basket case $2000 bike off Kijiji

looking at the lack of good pics the front might be bent...

Agreed that the front end looks bent - in the one photo the nose is pointing in a different direction than the rest of the bike - maybe just the bird cage...
Subframe looks to be bent too judging by the photo showing the rear tire.

Agreed that the front end looks bent - in the one photo the nose is pointing in a different direction than the rest of the bike - maybe just the bird cage...
Subframe looks to be bent too judging by the photo showing the rear tire.

The subframe looks reasonable except the very tip of the left side. I think it's the rear wheel cocked in the swing arm, mostly. The alignment blocks and axel doesn't look like it's sitting properly in the closeup showing damage.

Birdcage is definitely mangled but that doesn't mean the front end is bent. I've crashed a Ninja 250 more times than most. Those front ends are made from sticks. Never bent it...but the fairing stay/bird cage was mangled.

Worth checking out as a fixer...but would be cautious. Bad damage on both side from one crash means it took a pretty big tumble.

Did you go look at this one?

No. I sent an email - and asked if he would give me an asking price; and pics showing entire bike from the left, right, and front . Never replied back.

the pics in the ad almost seem as if he's trying to hide something...but I don't know. hmmff.

Pretty much what I am thinking. If they didn't reply then there is no use in chasing this one.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom