where are all the end of season track bike deals?? | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

where are all the end of season track bike deals??

Was emailing the seller of the ZX6R, even if it was a theft recovery it would still have a title. I own a theft recovery bike and it has a clean title.

I tried to get the VIN to make sure it wasn't stolen but he said he doesn't have the VIN and it's been filed off the frame.

Guaranteed it's a stolen bike.

What about the engine serial number? Will he give you that?

being in possession of a motorcycle with an altered serial number alone - is a criminal offence. Hope this guy gets nailed.
The seller never responded to my message or called me at my tel number. I asked about vin. good heads up STR.

Criminal offense? You sure about that? I've seen lots of bikes across the border at insurance auctions declaring it has an altered or no visible VIN. But I guess there are different rules up here.

Criminal offense? You sure about that? I've seen lots of bikes across the border at insurance auctions declaring it has an altered or no visible VIN. But I guess there are different rules up here.
Bill C-53 (which never became law) associates the criminal act with intent not the actual act. So stripping your frame to polish it is fine, but filing the VIN to try to conceal a stolen vehicle is an offence.

From C-53
353.1. Tampering with vehicle identification number
353.1 (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, wholly or partially alters, removes or obliterates a vehicle identification number on a motor vehicle.
Definition of “vehicle identification number”
(2) For the purpose of this section, “vehicle identification number” means any number or other mark placed on a motor vehicle for the purpose of distinguishing it from other similar motor vehicles.
Exception
(3) Despite subsection (1), it is not an offence to wholly or partially alter, remove or obliterate a vehicle identification number on a motor vehicle during regular maintenance or any repair or other work done on the vehicle for a legitimate purpose, including a modification of the vehicle.

Bill C-64 which also died on the table had “under circumstances that give rise to a reasonable inference that the person did so to conceal the identity of the motor vehicle.” So they didn't give you the out for maintenance.

Here's a good article. It looks like VIN's are not specifically mentioned in law at this point. Current law is more a general discussion of stolen vehicles.
https://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/...-process-re-vining-vehicles-court-1004099764/

Bill C-53 (which never became law) associates the criminal act with intent not the actual act. So stripping your frame to polish it is fine, but filing the VIN to try to conceal a stolen vehicle is an offence.

From C-53
353.1 (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, wholly or partially alters, removes or obliterates a vehicle identification number on a motor vehicle.
(2) For the purpose of this section, “vehicle identification number” means any number or other mark placed on a motor vehicle for the purpose of distinguishing it from other similar motor vehicles.
Exception
(3) Despite subsection (1), it is not an offence to wholly or partially alter, remove or obliterate a vehicle identification number on a motor vehicle during regular maintenance or any repair or other work done on the vehicle for a legitimate purpose, including a modification of the vehicle.

Bill C-64 which also died on the table had “under circumstances that give rise to a reasonable inference that the person did so to conceal the identity of the motor vehicle.” So they didn't give you the out for maintenance.

Here's a good article. It looks like VIN's are not specifically mentioned in law at this point. Current law is more a general discussion of stolen vehicles.
https://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/...-process-re-vining-vehicles-court-1004099764/

Exception

Punishment

(4) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

2010, c. 14, s. 4.

is this a bill, or passed law? This place is presenting it as law? http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/3531-tampering-vehicle-identification-number

Last edited:
For a lwt racers wet dream. 1992 FZR 400RR. $3500 USA. Speedwrks east coast. Rare expensive and fast. 400RR from the factory:
Shorter wheelbase frame(53")
higher compression engine
adj suspension f&r
120/160 - 17"wheels
larger diameter fork tubes
and if im not wrong, an aluminum tank
350 lbs
Title
http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/fzr400-rr.347052/

"Just off the boat from Japan, rode hard, down more than Malaysian Air. "
....a bit harsh? lol

"Just off the boat from Japan, rode hard, down more than Malaysian Air. "
....a bit harsh? lol

or refreshingly honest...

bakaboy's 3 large sv650 would be a more sensible buy. but who's sensible when it comes to bikes lol.

78 hp, suspension, warmers and extra wheels, recently refreshed engine .. yeah baby !

Last edited:
is this a bill, or passed law? This place is presenting it as law? http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/3531-tampering-vehicle-identification-number

Everything I can find indicates that sketchy website is wrong.

https://lop.parl.ca/About/Parliament/LegislativeSummaries/bills_ls.asp?ls=c53&Parl=39&Ses=2

Bill C-53: An Act to amend the Criminal Code
(auto theft and trafficking in property obtained by crime)*

(This bill did not become law before the 39th Parliament ended on 7 September 2008.)

Although the bill is directed essentially to auto theft, it also addresses trafficking in, exporting and importing any property obtained by crime. The bill therefore amends the Criminal Code (the Code) in three ways:

. . .

it creates the offence of tampering with a vehicle identification number (VIN), which is punishable by imprisonment for a maximum of five years (new subs. 377.1(1)
of the Code).

Everything I can find indicates that sketchy website is wrong.

https://lop.parl.ca/About/Parliament/LegislativeSummaries/bills_ls.asp?ls=c53&Parl=39&Ses=2

Bill C-53: An Act to amend the Criminal Code
(auto theft and trafficking in property obtained by crime)*

(This bill did not become law before the 39th Parliament ended on 7 September 2008.)

Although the bill is directed essentially to auto theft, it also addresses trafficking in, exporting and importing any property obtained by crime. The bill therefore amends the Criminal Code (the Code) in three ways:

. . .

it creates the offence of tampering with a vehicle identification number (VIN), which is punishable by imprisonment for a maximum of five years (new subs. 377.1(1)
of the Code).

ty for response - who would think anything on the net is sketchy..wink.

or refreshingly honest...

bakaboy's 3 large sv650 would be a more sensible buy. but who's sensible when it comes to bikes lol.

78 hp, suspension, warmers and extra wheels, recently refreshed engine .. yeah baby !

And bakaboy's SV comes with spare rims, rain tires, fresh mounted pirellis, stands, tire warmers, new gear box, more spares and parts than someone can carry.

I can take the package apart and the bike looks more reasonable to you I guess.

And bakaboy's SV comes with spare rims, rain tires, fresh mounted pirellis, stands, tire warmers, new gear box, more spares and parts than someone can carry.

The complete package is awesome best ! This is a real deal for someone going to the track...kind of surprised no one jumped on this already.

The complete package is awesome best ! This is a real deal for someone going to the track...kind of surprised no one jumped on this already.

Nor I. I'm in Japan.. When I get back if there are no offers she is the winter "part out" project. Shame.

Nothing shows up on Kijiji when you search "SV650 track" or "SV650 race"

Nothing shows up on Kijiji when you search "SV650 track" or "SV650 race"

Lol. Owen. I don't do kijiji.

I'll be back next week. Are you interested?

Jared would be happy to see it stay in the family.

When I get back if there are no offers she is the winter "part out" project. Shame.
If you part it out, I'd be interested in the rains...and anything else that might fit on a second gen.

Thanks boyoboy for the plug!

Shes still here!

I'm going to start getting them both ready for next year, if it doesn't sell soon I think I'll be taking it down and racing it as a B bike in 2018.

Looks like he's still trying to unload the stolen bike...pulled all the fairings off.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...ke/1317457852?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

In his other ads, he is selling a graves r6 stainless exhaust for $1500

he is out to lunch on what things are worth. You can almost buy a brand new titanium exhaust for what he is asking for a used stainless exhaust.

To make that zx6r into a decent track bike, it would need
new fairings with paint $1000
rear shock $1000
Full exhaust $1000
PC5 w/autotune $600
chain and pockets (520) $300
race tech valve kit $400
misc (clip ons, rear sets, etc) $500

Even at $3000 it isn't a good deal. IMO

In his other ads, he is selling a graves r6 stainless exhaust for $1500

he is out to lunch on what things are worth. You can almost buy a brand new titanium exhaust for what he is asking for a used stainless exhaust.

To make that zx6r into a decent track bike, it would need
new fairings with paint $1000
rear shock $1000
Full exhaust $1000
PC5 w/autotune $600
chain and pockets (520) $300
race tech valve kit $400
misc (clip ons, rear sets, etc) $500

Even at $3000 it isn't a good deal. IMO

$3000 wouldn’t be a good deal on a 2015 zx6?? Maybe it should just be free?

Back
Top Bottom