Harley cornering prowess | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley cornering prowess

Pulling over to let others pass *there*, if that's what happened, obviously wasn't a good idea.

Anyone notice that the rider of the camera bike was in too high a gear going across that bridge and almost stalled it as well.

I think it's just a bunch of noobs, and in the case of the H-D's, on bikes that are too heavy for them ... nothing more.

I have to laugh. Which bikes AREN'T too heavy for people?

A 300 pound top heavy bike is probably worse than a 600 pound bottom heavy one when they go over.
Because you might fool yourself into thinking you can save it.

My thought is that they were trying to help out fellow riders, and suffered for it.
Now they're suffering again, it this time at the hands of fellow riders, who are obviously perfect in their judgement, and riding ability. We're all noobs, since there's always much more to learn.

As is often said on racing broadcast, "the camera does not do the elevation change justice". That's likely a steeper hill than it looks; foot down issues are real. Been there got the tee... and the bike was no 900lbs hog FWIW

I've seen something similar happen at the Forks of the Credit while travelling westbound (uphill) at the hairpin. A rider was going too slow, put his foot down and toppled over.

Ok I will concede. All Harley riders have terrible skills, and none would ever pull over for others, just because they ride Harleys.

Not true that all Harley guys are unskilled. I did a refresher course a few years ago with a mixed group of riders and bikes and one of the Harley guys rode the wheels off of his bike. Followed 2 Harley riders up the 507 pre 50km over seizure days and they were cruising at 135km + 140km on the straights and barely slowed down on most of the turns, made it look completely effortless.

Not true that all Harley guys are unskilled. I did a refresher course a few years ago with a mixed group of riders and bikes and one of the Harley guys rode the wheels off of his bike. Followed 2 Harley riders up the 507 pre 50km over seizure days and they were cruising at 135km + 140km on the straights and barely slowed down on most of the turns, made it look completely effortless.

I think he was tongue in cheek with his comments.

Don't underestimate cruiser/Harley guys....although the common joke is that many never get past Timmies, lots of them rack up tens of thousands of K every season and can and often are very experienced riders. They are often the ones with the free time on their hands to actually ride while many of the rest of us are still busy with the daily grind.

There are low and high milage riders in both the cruiser and sportbike segments. Some might put a few hundred K on their bikes in a season whereas others will put tens of thousands.

My own current bike was a great example - 15 years old when I bought it and around 15,000K on it - it was a garage queen/Timmies bike for it's previous owner, clearly. Myself however, in the year I've owned it, I've doubled that milage in one season.

One only need to look at Kijiji to see all segments of the motorcycle market represented with 500-1000K/year averages.

In the middle of a curve? I think he just went way too slow, was probably in too high a gear so he stalled and toppled over.
That's what I'm thinking too..

I think he was tongue in cheek with his comments.

Don't underestimate cruiser/Harley guys....although the common joke is that many never get past Timmies, lots of them rack up tens of thousands of K every season and can and often are very experienced riders. They are often the ones with the free time on their hands to actually ride while many of the rest of us are still busy with the daily grind.

There are low and high milage riders in both the cruiser and sportbike segments. Some might put a few hundred K on their bikes in a season whereas others will put tens of thousands.

My own current bike was a great example - 15 years old when I bought it and around 15,000K on it - it was a garage queen/Timmies bike for it's previous owner, clearly. Myself however, in the year I've owned it, I've doubled that milage in one season.

One only need to look at Kijiji to see all segments of the motorcycle market represented with 500-1000K/year averages.

HD and cruiser riders are always the first I see in March / April and the last ones I see in November / December.

Back
Top Bottom