Anyone been to Antigua Guatemala? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone been to Antigua Guatemala?

jc100

Can you comment on safety? I've been before but only for a day and I'm looking to book a week there but the wife is concerned about safety. I'm not too bothered as it seems similar safetywise to quite a few places in central America and as long as you have street smarts you should be fine.

We are pretty seasoned travellers and have been to some sketchy places before with no incidents (mainly in Honduras and El Salvador) but this is more to persuade the wife all is fine.

Cheers

Been in Guatemala , not specifically Antigua (which is sort of the interior for those that dont know). Antigua (former capital I think) has an historical district from the 1700 spanish occupation. If its like the rest of Guatemala , your probably going to be just fine, most trips go off just fine.

Fwiw, Guatemala does have the highest incident ratio of violent crime in central america, the political climate is like the rest of central america and if your seasoned travelers you already know use real taxis (you used to be able to get vouchers at the airport), never use an ATM in an open setting and carry small amounts of cash, leave jewelery at home.

I'd go back, its a cheap place to be.

Back
Top Bottom