2017 R6 is here! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 R6 is here!

White R6 bright wheels....looks lovely!

Get rid of the goofy mirrors and lets gggggggo!

+1
looks like just cosmetics and suspension upgrades with the addition of new electronics only.
same frame and engine as the old one.

Love the look, but really wish they refined the engine or added some updates.

took them long enough to figure might as well make/share the same parts to save money

looks nice, minus the can...change that and good to go

well the CBR 600RR is gone, more market share for the other 3

At a glance, it looks nicer than the R1; they'll sell a few of these for sure.

much better design imo than the previous generation.The blue with blue wheels kind of reminds me of an 80's gsxr.Nice and simple,I likes

Meh..i can't say that i really like it, i might change my mind when i see it in person.

It looks good enough but I am surprised to read that nothing has changed with ergonomics.. not that I would know which direction they should change in.. Maybe some standard stock adjustable foot pegs?? I do like the tail...

If the ECU has the same throttle/fuel map as the current generation though, ****... count me out.

The white with day-go wheels is dead sexy. I wish I was 40yrs. younger and had a sugar mama. I'd spend any extra free time surfing guard rails.

Meh! After almost 10 years nothing really changed. Looks decent but no wow factor considering the old one looks really nice.The only part i really like is the front end. Looks pretty mean and sexy with those day time running LEDs (judging from the pictures). Until you see the E.T looking tiny parted headlights (didnt like it on the new R1 either). Also looks like the tail got bigger which is a minus in my book. The old version had a nice clean and sharp tail. This ones looking a bit too fat.

Cluster looks pretty nice.

Over all its a nice looking bike but i expected a much nicer looking design after all these years of waiting.

p.s as someone mentioned up there, the blue wheels on blue body looks outdated. The best one is the white with neon rims IMO.

Good but not great.

Looks spectacular. Best of the 2017's!

img.jpg

img.jpg

Love the look, but really wish they refined the engine or added some updates.

"not broken ... don't fix"

The engine was already highly developed - means going further would come at great cost, and in this price sensitive market segment, Yamaha probably judged that it was not worth spending extra R&D. They would have had to spend something on powertrain to comply with Euro 4 emission regulations.

The extra electronic aids were to be expected. I like it.

Am I the only one who disliked the Waspinator styling that they brought around way back in 2006? (remember revgate?)

Am I the only one who disliked the Waspinator styling that they brought around way back in 2006? (remember revgate?)

Waspinator might think those neon wheels are dope but once they get brake dust on them, Megatron is gonna hand him the sponge and bucket.

I guess instead of BNG we get BNP and some new ABS veneer. Should have done a crazy 600cc triple instead.

Back
Top Bottom