Stunt Driving Charge in Brockville (near Kingston) HELP! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stunt Driving Charge in Brockville (near Kingston) HELP!

Speed Greatly Exacerbates, just doesn't flow as well as Speed Kills. It might be better illustrated if someone with mad math/physics skills, could show the distance taken to slow from 152 to 148 kph, and from 5 to 0 kph. Once someone wraps their head around how far you go at those speeds, they're usually more willing to slow down to a more standard speed.

Come to think of it, this is a futile discussion due to how easy it is to obtain a drivers license in Ontario/Canada.
Hi, I am 16 years old, never driven a car or been in a car...ok pay us $25 for this little 20 page book with pictures (or use the internet)...go home read book (memorize) come back and stand at machine, spend 15-20 minutes pressing buttons on screen to select answers...of which answers are posted in the 'testing centre'.

Ta da...you passed the test now go out and start driving/practicing on the streets with everyone.
Hey, you are 16, you can buy a Hyabusa or R1. Want a car, got the $$$ go buy or lease a 5 litre Mustang or large pickup truck.

Go practice on the roads for a few months then come back so we can test you again on the road to see if you have the skills to be on the road. And if you pass the 2nd test then you can go for the 3rd test which will allow you to have alcohol in your system...remember don't drink and drive.

Does this make sense to you?

I will leave it there given you obviously misconstrued the initial post, (which I have posted 4 times was made in jest, I guess your incapable of the concept)...

I am reading your text on a screen...use :lmao::D:p:cool: to make it easier to follow your sense of humor.

Why are you insulting me? How do you know I don't have some medical disorder?
tumblr_lljplrtcWe1qzcxzqo1_500.jpg

Thanks for sharing:

“The most prudent and responsible thing to do is to assess each segment on its own merit,” Stone said. “If we believe the right speed has been set on a highway, we will keep that speed … but if we feel, with an abundance of caution, that it’s prudent to roll back a speed to maximize the mitigation of risk related to a collision, we will do that.”

"crash rates have dropped, or are unchanged, on 19 of 33 sections of highway. The Coquihalla continues to see the lowest crash rate in the last 10 years, according to the province."

"on seven sections, the rate of speed and crashes decreased, while on 12 sections, the rate of speed increased but crashes went down"

"The data suggests 28 per cent of all crashes were primarily caused by distracted driving, while driving faster than the posted speed limit was a factor in only 2 per cent of the crashes."

"one year’s worth of data is not enough to indicate a trend, but noted the increase in crashes for all segments was up by an average of 11 per cent in the first year. This is consistent with the 9-per-cent increase the province saw on all other British Columbian highways where the speed limits were not raised"

At least BC is actively studying the issue in a scientific and responsible manner.

^^ An opinion piece based on only a selected amount of the compiled data.

From your Google search:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2793233/have-higher-speed-limits-made-b-c-roads-more-dangerous/

[FONT=&quot]"A report on the changes released Tuesday by the Transportation Ministry found that crash rates have dropped or are unchanged on 19 of 33 sections of highway where speed limits were increased.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Accidents were up on 14 of the 33 stretches of road where speeds were increased, but speed wasn’t necessarily to blame in all but two cases."

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"“The top three contributing factors in collisions in British Columbia, particularly during this period, is driver inattentiveness; weather or road conditions that can change very quickly; and thirdly, it’s driving too fast for the road conditions,” Transportation Minister Todd Stone said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, he said at least three years worth of data are needed to determine whether speed has been a major factor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stone believes roads that have seen an increase in accidents could be made safer through engineering and other measures so the higher speed limits could remain."[/FONT]

Last edited:
I have to chime in here ... Lots of great advise and suggestions. I always say it very easy to give advise when its not happening to you , with that said I would do what you can afford Period! Have the cash for a lawyer then do it ! you will not know the out come until the court date no matter what any says .
you make even luck right out and the cop not show up to court , anything can happen !

We all make mistakes such is life . The mistake we make are what makes us stronger with knowledge !

Best of luck !

Jeez didn't expect to get such a big response (new to site, doesn't give notifications for thread responses only DMs). Anyways, update yall were correct in regards to insurance, got a call earlier this week from insurance, unfortunately my dad picked up so hiding this whole thing from him didn't exactly work out. Given that insurance is for sure going to sky rocket seems like my best bet as the great NPH once said is to "suit up". I was going to with Eddie Cho from OTT legal (recommended from a friend) who would cost $904 total. For those saying paralegals aren't as good, my prime reason for choosing them was on the basis that they claim to specialize in stunt driving charges + they're popular among the forums.

However, if anyone has any other legal recommendations, specifically anyone out east who had a similar experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Also, for these keeping up with the thread tow and storage came out to 180 + 50/day + tax= 610 or something + 180 for license reinstatement (although when I went to get my new license they didn't make me pay so I'm assuming its only once your convicted.

BTW asked the cop if there was anything I'd get in the mail (prior to being caught I was trying to avoid family finding out) he said no way. Letter came in the mail about license being suspended....smfh (future reference for those who may be bestowed the same BS ordeal I've been given)

The licence reinstatement fee "should" have been billed when you picked up your licence. It was likely some sort of clerical error. You "may" if it gets caught in the system, get a letter advising you owe it. If you don't pay they will just suspend you again. For now keep your head down and hope they missed it and the system doesn't catch it either, if that happens you at least saved $180.

What exactly has OTT Legal promised they are going to get done for the $904??? As i said earlier if all they are doing is getting it reduced to a speeding ticket at 39 or 49 over, YOU can accomplish this yourself by going to the first appearance with the crown, and use the saved $904 for the fine, and any insurance increase.

You said that insurance has already called. How did they find out about the charge? Are you up for renewal? or did they just randomly pull your abstract? or did they get some form of notification that you had been charged?

Never good to try to "hide it from dad" parents eventually find out...lol

Also, for these keeping up with the thread tow and storage came out to 180 + 50/day + tax= 610 or something + 180 for license reinstatement (although when I went to get my new license they didn't make me pay so I'm assuming its only once your convicted.

BTW asked the cop if there was anything I'd get in the mail (prior to being caught I was trying to avoid family finding out) he said no way. Letter came in the mail about license being suspended....smfh (future reference for those who may be bestowed the same BS ordeal I've been given)

The licence reinstatement fee "should" have been billed when you picked up your licence. It was likely some sort of clerical error. You "may" if it gets caught in the system, get a letter advising you owe it. If you don't pay they will just suspend you again. For now keep your head down and hope they missed it and the system doesn't catch it either, if that happens you at least saved $180.

Do reinstatement fees actually apply to administrative suspensions?

jesus now i'm debating snitching on myself to avoid getting it suspended again, can't risk another week of work without a car. They obviously cannot promise anything which is why I'm debating going in myself but I'm worried I may not sufficiently explain myself and the judge may not give me as good of a deal a lawyer could get using legal jurisdictions and whatnot. However, I read somewhere in this thread I could first try to bargain a plea deal with reduced sentence, if that doesn't work request disclosure, get the court date set again and hire a lawyer. If that's the case, however I also gotta consider the $180 I'm losing from taking the day off + roughly $40 in gas money driving from Brampton to Brockville. I think it all depends on how my insurance company deals with speeding tickets, gonna give them a call today and get that figured out.

BTW, given that my insurance is most likely ****ed, if anyone has any recommendations for good insurance companies/brokers that offer decent deals for people with speeding tickets, feel free to suggest.

Also @hedo2002 that's whats been confusing me, I don't see why they would've pulled an abstract, renewal isn't until May and I doubt the cop went out of his way to inform insurance...maybe MTO sent them a copy? Although they were asking what the charge itself was for (why my license was suspended)

Back
Top Bottom