Ffs | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ffs

Not to mention the logistics of trying to have enough cruisers available to completely block a highway, (does anyone here really think it is beyond these idiots to turn around and ride in the wrong direction along a shoulder to escape)??

I figured 4 to 5 cars to close of the highway from the front and 4 to 5 more to close off the rear (pick a highway location where you have walls on both sides). Stopped properly there wouldn't be room for a bike to get past. All the bikes that get caught coming back along the highway get bonus charges. It wouldn't be instigated at the officer level, it would be a push from higher up. <10 police vehicles for a few hours resulting in hundreds of tickets (many document/plate/insurance tickets, probably some careless, stunting or reversing on a highway tickets thrown in) being issued seems like it is not an unreasonable use of police resources.

They have cause longer disruptions to a major highway and invest similar resources for crash investigations almost daily and typically issue a careless charge at the end of it.

I figured 4 to 5 cars to close of the highway from the front and 4 to 5 more to close off the rear (pick a highway location where you have walls on both sides). Stopped properly there wouldn't be room for a bike to get past. All the bikes that get caught coming back along the highway get bonus charges. It wouldn't be instigated at the officer level, it would be a push from higher up. <10 police vehicles for a few hours resulting in hundreds of tickets (many document/plate/insurance tickets, probably some careless, stunting or reversing on a highway tickets thrown in) being issued seems like it is not an unreasonable use of police resources.

They have cause longer disruptions to a major highway and invest similar resources for crash investigations almost daily and typically issue a careless charge at the end of it.

When you lay it out like that, it convinces me that it IS a waste. To execute that properly, with your numbers, would required 10 cruisers RIGHT NOW. "Pick a highway location where you have walls on both sides...". You can't pick the location - the d'bags pick the location. "Stopped properly" - exactly - you need your five cruisers to get in front of the pack of d'bags and get far enough in front to align themselves across the road - but not too far ahad - If they enter the road further ahead, they have to control all the other traffic to either block it or let it filter through. It's not simple - it's high risk and involves other motorists - which makes it unpredictable.
I don't have a solution. I barely have suggestions - but we're talking about how to stop people who are showing disdain for the very authority that is trying to stop them. Nothing is simple. The activity borders on criminal, and can be compared to such. The presence of police isn't enough to deter it, it has exactly the opposite effect. How do we fight that?

The thing about these mob rides is the entitled mentality it's enhancing. every rider who were just tagging along will brag about how they were a part of that mess, implying their badassness when they were nothing more than present.

Problem is that the mentality will eventually cause a rise in more mob vs car incidents - the kids just won't give thought to what they're doing, and their 'ownership' of the road will feel challenged at some point and they'll act. And I fear that we're going to get occurrences like the States range rover incident where the man got beat infront of his wife and kid happening in Toronto soon enough.

While these mass hooligan incidents are alarming, maybe we are overreacting. So far, no one has gotten hurt, though there have been 2 fires (1 bike, 1 suv), the police are powerless to stop them, and riding season is coming to an end in a month. If there are no more incidents then this will become a planning issue for next season.

Cannot a skilled police rider use one of the confiscated ss bikes to join these groups? Are they not on social media, somewhere in the GTA, and possibly on GTAM?

Is there no police weapon in existence that can tag the bike and/or rider with some kind of paint or other non-removable substance that can then be traced, sort of like gun shot residue? Modified paintball gun and pellets?

The cops know how to use social media, too ... and they have access that you and I don't. I'm pretty sure that if the cops set about to do it, they could find out who a lot of the people involved are. Obviously that's not enough to charge and convict ... but it's enough to know who to keep an eye on.

So you would support an OPP officer standing on the shoulder of the 401 or QEW, with a "paint gun" style weapon firing at riders as they rolled past pulling a wheelie? I can see the lawsuit over that one...LMAO. What happens if the round misses and hits an "innocent" cager through an pen window 2 lanes over?? Yeah My vote is let's NOT go with this one. I know I know there are "no bad suggestions" at corporate spit balling sessions..lol

While these mass hooligan incidents are alarming, maybe we are overreacting. So far, no one has gotten hurt, though there have been 2 fires (1 bike, 1 suv), the police are powerless to stop them, and riding season is coming to an end in a month. If there are no more incidents then this will become a planning issue for next season.

Cannot a skilled police rider use one of the confiscated ss bikes to join these groups? Are they not on social media, somewhere in the GTA, and possibly on GTAM?

Is there no police weapon in existence that can tag the bike and/or rider with some kind of paint or other non-removable substance that can then be traced, sort of like gun shot residue? Modified paintball gun and pellets?

The cops know how to use social media, too ... and they have access that you and I don't. I'm pretty sure that if the cops set about to do it, they could find out who a lot of the people involved are. Obviously that's not enough to charge and convict ... but it's enough to know who to keep an eye on.

Problem is when the hooligans then hide behind the "prove it was me behind the helmet and visor" song and dance. The police surely already *are* infiltrating the hooligan ride social media pages, but positively ID'ing bikes and owners down to a T is useless when the very next day they pull crap like this, blast away knowing darned well police won't pursue, and when the cruiser is sitting outside their house when they return home an hour or three later they pull the "oh yeah, it wasn't me, prove it" routine.

Then again, heavy handed legislation that reduces the burden of proof may solve that issue, but open other cans of worms for potentially innocent people as a result. Again, we will have these asshats to thank for it.

Problem is when the hooligans then hide behind the "prove it was me behind the helmet and visor" song and dance. The police surely already *are* infiltrating the hooligan ride social media pages, but positively ID'ing bikes and owners down to a T is useless when the very next day they pull crap like this, blast away knowing darned well police won't pursue, and when the cruiser is sitting outside their house when they return home an hour or three later they pull the "oh yeah, it wasn't me, prove it" routine.

Then again, heavy handed legislation that reduces the burden of proof may solve that issue, but open other cans of worms for potentially innocent people as a result. Again, we will have these asshats to thank for it.

If the vehicle can be positively identified (not a stock bike, but one with 10+ aftermarket stickers in the same spot as the video maybe I don't know where to set this bar), I am not necessarily opposed to the approach taken by some in the past of "If you won't/can't identify the driver then we will take the offending vehicle". The owner has a choice of their day in court, putting their buddy in court or losing their vehicle. If the owner says someone else was driving, the vehicle owner would be required to testify who was the rider of the vehicle in court. When people invite punishment, sometimes punishing them is the best way for them to re-evaluate their position.

So we're talking, by my sketchy recollection, 3-4 incidents over the entire summer? Only one that was more than a handful of bikes, and one where a drugged up cager lost his ****... There's just two real issues here.... A few stupid people, and media melodrama; only one has a real impact on everyone.

I expect plenty of biker pull over/ ride checks in the near future, similar to ones in New York and Australia ( seen plenty videos online).

Target bikes, pull them over for no reason, check papers and then harass riders for any sort of mods/ safety issues ( rules applying to keeping your shield closed, nothing attached to helmets, etc.)

So we're talking, by my sketchy recollection, 3-4 incidents over the entire summer? Only one that was more than a handful of bikes, and one where a drugged up cager lost his ****... There's just two real issues here.... A few stupid people, and media melodrama; only one has a real impact on everyone.

I agree 100%, BUT we have "auntie Kathleen" and her merry gang of crooks, who will use this to distract everyone from things like gas plants or the "new $23 MILLION canceled wind farm" Then of course the Media has everyone"thinking of the poor children"..lol

Or of course the Fiberals are GREAT friends of the insurance companies who will sure seek "relief" from the risk this type of activity places upon their bottom line, (even if not a single claim is made)...lol

Cops looking for and pulling over bikes for license plate issues is a no-brainer.

Figuring out who at least some of the people involved are, doesn't necessarily mean charging them for events of the past (I already said that it's not viable to do that) but rather just keeping ears to the ground and an eye out. Drive past the rider's house now and again and see if the bike is outside ... look from the road to see if the bike has any issues (plate mounting, obvious safety violations, etc). If social media reveals an event planned ... hang out near the organizers and pull them over for "document checks", and hang out near where the meeting point is to see what happens.

It's been done in the past ... I know of one particular event organizer who had an event with unplanned company - several local OPP to ensure that all participating riders were fully in compliance with all applicable standards, laws, and regulations, and I know of a few people who got tickets out of that, too ...

I agree 100%, BUT we have "auntie Kathleen" and her merry gang of crooks, who will use this to distract everyone from things like gas plants or the "new $23 MILLION canceled wind farm" Then of course the Media has everyone"thinking of the poor children"..lol

Or of course the Fiberals are GREAT friends of the insurance companies who will sure seek "relief" from the risk this type of activity places upon their bottom line, (even if not a single claim is made)...lol

100% agree. The irony lies with those who will end up buying a bike and joining the ranks, having never previously given motorcycles a thought; this media attention will attract those with the 'right' mentality, and the problem will intensify.

brianp-pretty sure i am thinking of the same ride your talking about ,and the information the police got i'm sure came from someone on this board,the same guy who will run your plates through the popo computer to find out about your background,no he's not a cop and no i am not going to name who it is so please don't anyone ask

anyways,its been said before ,dont say anything on this board umless you want the world to know,lol,or something like that

Last edited:
Cops looking for and pulling over bikes for license plate issues is a no-brainer.

A new reason to check plates and they get a big "crime stopper" boost

... A Hamilton man has been arrested after police discovered drugs and weapons during a traffic stop.The man was driving in the area of Fennell Avenue East and Castlefield Drive, near Upper Ottawa Street, Tuesday afternoon when police pulled him over after noticing unauthorized licence plates on his motorcycle. The man's licence was also suspended, they say. ...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6910063-driver-facing-drug-weapons-charges-after-traffic-stop/

So you would support an OPP officer standing on the shoulder of the 401 or QEW, with a "paint gun" style weapon firing at riders as they rolled past pulling a wheelie? I can see the lawsuit over that one...LMAO. What happens if the round misses and hits an "innocent" cager through an pen window 2 lanes over?? Yeah My vote is let's NOT go with this one. I know I know there are "no bad suggestions" at corporate spit balling sessions..lol

I was not thinking of cops by the side of the road paint ball shooting wheelieing ss rides, though that would be interesting to watch. I watched a vid of ss riders riding right beside a cruiser on a highway, with no others cars around. Cop passenger could wind down the window and have at it. If you hit one with hidden plates at least you'll have a method of positively IDing the bike.

Paint ball shooting an ss rider that will not ID him/herself and will not stop is non-lethal.

Last edited:
Paint ball shooting an ss rider that will not ID him/herself and will not stop is non-lethal.

until they go in to a wobble and skid down the highway at speed... then there will be lawyers, and it all goes even more incredibly sideways for all of us

Back
Top Bottom