Ffs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ffs

The kid in Victoria who YT'd himself tipping 300kph while splitting traffic ultimately had his bike crushed. Though they couldn't identify him as the rider to legal satisfaction, they used his video to prove the bike was the same one they had impounded through what they termed "unique identifiers". I'm guessing a scratch or something similar...

phew, tragedy averted...crushed bike saves lives
problemo solvo

how dumb!

seize and sell the bike, give the money to a foodbank
oh wait, not the same effect...must have been the last bike in the Provinvce

Say, I'm just casually riding down the road minding my own business, and these guys ride up and I get caught in the middle of it on police video, what's gonna happen? Hypothetically. Never been to once of these hooligan rides, never will.

phew, tragedy averted...crushed bike saves lives
problemo solvo

how dumb!

seize and sell the bike, give the money to a foodbank
oh wait, not the same effect...must have been the last bike in the Provinvce

To be honest, they may have sold it.. not 100% sure. Just remember he never got it back.

Say, I'm just casually riding down the road minding my own business, and these guys ride up and I get caught in the middle of it on police video, what's gonna happen? Hypothetically. Never been to once of these hooligan rides, never will.

They would have to identify you and/or your bike actually breaking a law. Personally, one of these rides comes up on me, I'm pulling over and waiting for the **** storm to pass

They could impound your bike, parade you on the news and tell you to tell it to the judge.
Or they review their cameras for facts and let you go.
Or they hunt you down later and arrest you at work or home
Or some trigger happy cop tazers you or rams you with their car.

Just some possibilities since you asked.

I'd probably just slow down and pull over.

Just move to the right lane, slow down, and let the shenanigans pass. If you're behaving, and have a legit license plate, you've got nothing to worry about.

Even if you get pulled over in error, even if you get charged with something in error, the lack of evidence against you will sort the situation out.

I think we're past the threshold for someone to invent a legislative solution to this... I give it about two weeks

You're never going to stop this by passing laws. This is an enforcement problem. The officer is right, gather info through cruiser vids, online vids, old fashioned police work etc and eventually people are getting busted. Is it really worth all the hassle to track them down though? Life has a way of teaching these guys a lesson, with a trip to the hospital or worse.

Alright who saw themselves in the videos here? Come on...speak up...don't be shy! We won't judge! LoL Who am I kidding, of course we will!

Legislation will never stop this. Just like HTA172 hasn't stopped idiocy on the roads, any new legislation won't stop this either.

I don't really get this either? Are we supposed to be impressed? All I see is a bunch of sad wankers.

Just move to the right lane, slow down, and let the shenanigans pass. If you're behaving, and have a legit license plate, you've got nothing to worry about.

Even if you get pulled over in error, even if you get charged with something in error, the lack of evidence against you will sort the situation out

So long as we're not talking s.172

I think we're past the threshold for someone to invent a legislative solution to this... I give it about two weeks

I see a lot of spot checks in the future in the GTA, specially for plate flipping devices, probably (not totally undeservedly so) targeted at sportbikes. A law that carries an absolute liability fine of, say, $10K (and vehicle seizure until corrected) if found in possession of one will put some fear into the hooligan community in a hurry.

I'm reminded of a thread on here recently with a guy whining about getting a licence plate ticket because his plate was relocated. I think this is just the tip of the iceburg and everyone can thank these dbags for the attention.

You're never going to stop this by passing laws. This is an enforcement problem. The officer is right, gather info through cruiser vids, online vids, old fashioned police work etc and eventually people are getting busted. Is it really worth all the hassle to track them down though? Life has a way of teaching these guys a lesson, with a trip to the hospital or worse.

All fine and dandy until one of them takes out some innocent people along with themselves when they crash. You wouldn't feel that way if it was your wife or one of your kids in that scenario, would you?

Yeah yeah, flame suit on...waiting for all the "think of the children!" responses now. Again, all theoretical...until it's not.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next time the mob rides on a controlled access highway that they get kettled. It's hard to pull over riders in a group, it's not hard to block off a highway with fences on both sides and limited entry/exit points. Sure some cars would get caught in the mess too, but those could be quickly let go.

Cops would have no mercy on the bikes and I suspect the majority would get towed for equipment violations/lack of documentation. Again, as Brian P said, if you are the legal guy that gets caught in the mess, other than wasted time, you shouldn't have any problems.

For those that ride exclusively on the streets I feel for you. Another reason to avoid 'group' rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So long as you find the right group it isn't so bad...that said, solo can still be better as you can control your own pace 100%, plus if group numbers get over about 10 things typically go down hill a bit.

Also with the potential for more spot checks, more reason to save a bit of money and keep a bike looking as stock as possible. Been debating getting an eliminator (not one that places the plate under the tail but still), and have pretty much decided I'll keep the stock fender and save $200.

Last edited:
This ...

these are old stories and old videos, still makes the people dipsh!tz, Media is filling in time stitching related/unrelated stories together

Kind of how most media outlets were "warning" drivers of the new rules that came in effect this past Sept 1st for distracted driving and pedestrian crosswalks...
When the article they were referencing clearly stated Sept 1st 2015...

Back
Top Bottom