BMW Self Balancing Motorcycle | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW Self Balancing Motorcycle

and today it is the west that is foggy. no better than hitler.

Mike Godwin's biggest regret is never finding a way to monetize his famous adage. Mind you, any mention of Germans is stacking the odds in his favour.

all good, to each theirs. as for trikes being a "large"segment - Ive seen few trikes on the road, but then i don't do the harley rides. just doesn't seem like a large motorcyle segment to me overall. would kind of be like calling the NDP a large segment of our legislature.

lIm part of the "aging demographic" and i'll die before riding a three wheeler.

Ask a lot of 3 wheeler riders their experience and I think you'll find that many are seasoned veterans who simply can't do 2 wheels anymore because of physical limitations. I know one, actually....she simply couldn't enjoy riding her HD anymore because of said limitations - a 3 wheeler put her right back in the game this year and she rode the wheels off the thing and had one hell of a season. And she's been riding for decades. Bravo for her, better to be riding and enjoying yourself than not riding, or riding in constant pain and discomfort to the point where it's a horrible vs enjoyable experience.

I think 3 wheelers are for riders any age who never could ride a two wheeler.

See above.

It's easy to suggest you'll never be "one of those 3 wheeler guys" until something happens or your body fails you to the point where it's the only option left aside from giving up riding all together.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by boyoboy

I think 3 wheelers are for riders any age who never could ride a two wheeler.

actually, 3 wheelers might have been masters of 2 wheels prior

then again, could be cherry noobs too, those tend 2 be 2 on the front

guess what, some 3 wheelers have push button reverse

Last edited:
Ask a lot of 3 wheeler riders their experience and I think you'll find that many are seasoned veterans who simply can't do 2 wheels anymore because of physical limitations. I know one, actually....she simply couldn't enjoy riding her HD anymore because of said limitations - a 3 wheeler put her right back in the game this year and she rode the wheels off the thing and had one hell of a season. And she's been riding for decades. Bravo for her, better to be riding and enjoying yourself than not riding, or riding in constant pain and discomfort to the point where it's a horrible vs enjoyable experience.

See above.

It's easy to suggest you'll never be "one of those 3 wheeler guys" until something happens or your body fails you to the point where it's the only option left aside from giving up riding all together.

my view was short sighted - i should have given more consideration to those with physical limitations. point taken.

Didn't read the thread but whatever the heck is gonging on here could be applicable to covered scooters in high density traffic. Think school of fish w/o feet sticking out all over the place.

my view was short sighted - i should have given more consideration to those with physical limitations. point taken.

If I had to go 3-wheeler because of physical limitations, it would have to be a leaning 3-wheeler if its gonna feel like a motorcycle to me. Good thing the technology is developing and they're being designed outside the cruiser segment.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/oped/leaning-multi-wheeler-2016/

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/...or-works-leaning-3-wheeled-harleys-and-wings/

http://www.brudelitech.com/index.htm

The Brudeli actually looks pretty cool. Too bad we can't get it here. Makes me wonder why CanAm never went with leaning tech. Probably because they aren't really going for the motorcycle market.

But since this BMW is about the future, might as well go leaning, flying 3 wheeler http://www.pal-v.com/

We will all succumb to age in the future, there is no denying this. Riding is pleasurable. If a self-balancing bike is available to the boomer crowd, this might be a great use case. To extend the range of possible riders beyond young with a good sense of balance can only be good.

I know of a senior rider who required an trans-tibial amputation due to diabetes, the most common cause of amputation in Canada. He went out and triked his HD. While he initially resisted, he now takes his wife out for leisurely rides. If a self-balancing bike was available I'm sure he would have bought that instead.

Back
Top Bottom