Anyone willing to lend a carb sync tool and feeler gauges? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone willing to lend a carb sync tool and feeler gauges?

mistersouthpaw

Anyone have feeler gauges and a carb sync tool I'd be able to borrow? Not very expensive stuff but my budget is tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The fact that you have to borrow feeler gauges leads me to the question, do you know what to do with them and how to use a carb sync gauge?

This is like some ride hook up threads. Location? Top secret.

If the above doesn't work out, I can offer the same deal. Pickup/dropoff in downtown TO near Rogers Centre. I've got the classic 4-gauge synchronizer and a cheap set of feeler gauges.

b9dc0e31bbd117452cb38206bbdcb6e5.jpg

If you end up using a mercury synchronizer, make sure you figure out what you are doing before you start. You can suck the mercury through the motor if you don't do things properly.

how is that done ? or what would one have to do to accomplish this ?

If you don't have snubbers in and/or if you rev up the motor and slam the throttle closed you can get a pulse that sucks the mercury through. There may be other scenarios that can make it happen too, it's been a while since I used one.

got ya....never had that issue....

also the Morgan Carbtune does not contain mercury or any sort of liquids

It contains NO mercury or any liquids.

Q. My dial gauge pointers flicker up and down. Is the Carbtune II better damped?
A. Yes. The moving part in the Carbtune II is a solid rod. This is too heavy to flicker wildly up and down. It does flicker a bit without any damping but with the damping supplied with the Carbtune II the fluctuations are very small. In fact the Carbtune II needs a little fluctuation to work properly. We can supply stronger dampers if necessary.

http://www.carbtune.com/

Last edited:
If you end up using a mercury synchronizer, make sure you figure out what you are doing before you start. You can suck the mercury through the motor if you don't do things properly.

Yes I heard about this before. That would not be good lol thanks for the advice

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GreyGhost

Yes I heard about this before. That would not be good lol thanks for the advice

and if you drop the gauges, that can knock them out of calibration

Back
Top Bottom